Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New issue of ChopperHead Magazine has an interview and two layouts of S. Kimura, and his new "Chabott" Engineering, bikes, etc. Worth picking up for Zero Eng fans to check out what Shinya's up to now.

All you Triumph guys should appreciate this quote:

"Triumph means a lot to me and is more of my origin than Harley Davidson. I put all those deep respects into this Triumph chop."

Pretty surprising, considering the work from Zero for the past 10+ years.

The first layout is Twincam in a 2002 stock HD softail frame. Kind of a shock considering his legacy at Zero, but I kind of see what he's up to, trying to do something unexpected.

Second bike is one that has been seen around here before, the aluminum Trump dragster "art bike". Nice photography. For some reason they brought in porn-star Katie Morgan to lounge all over the bike and lean up against Shinya. I guess if they invited her to lean all over my bike I wouldn't say no either.

Sorry for the long post. Good news = Shinya is living/working in SoCal and hopefully we'll see a lot more of him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Boa said:
New issue of ChopperHead Magazine has an interview and two layouts of S. Kimura, and his new "Chabott" Engineering, bikes, etc. Worth picking up for Zero Eng fans to check out what Shinya's up to now.

All you Triumph guys should appreciate this quote:

"Triumph means a lot to me and is more of my origin than Harley Davidson. I put all those deep respects into this Triumph chop."

Pretty surprising, considering the work from Zero for the past 10+ years.

The first layout is Twincam in a 2002 stock HD softail frame. Kind of a shock considering his legacy at Zero, but I kind of see what he's up to, trying to do something unexpected.

Second bike is one that has been seen around here before, the aluminum Trump dragster "art bike". Nice photography. For some reason they brought in porn-star Katie Morgan to lounge all over the bike and lean up against Shinya. I guess if they invited her to lean all over my bike I wouldn't say no either.

Sorry for the long post. Good news = Shinya is living/working in SoCal and hopefully we'll see a lot more of him.
Yup, a lot of people are curious (as I am) to see where Shinya will go with his designs. As I'm told, he left his "Zero style" designs with Zero Engineering.

I think Chabott Engineering will give him more creative space, especially since he's his own boss now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
Boa said:
New issue of ChopperHead Magazine has an interview and two layouts of S. Kimura, and his new "Chabott" Engineering, bikes, etc. Worth picking up for Zero Eng fans to check out what Shinya's up to now.

All you Triumph guys should appreciate this quote:

"Triumph means a lot to me and is more of my origin than Harley Davidson. I put all those deep respects into this Triumph chop."

Pretty surprising, considering the work from Zero for the past 10+ years.

The first layout is Twincam in a 2002 stock HD softail frame. Kind of a shock considering his legacy at Zero, but I kind of see what he's up to, trying to do something unexpected.

Second bike is one that has been seen around here before, the aluminum Trump dragster "art bike". Nice photography. For some reason they brought in porn-star Katie Morgan to lounge all over the bike and lean up against Shinya. I guess if they invited her to lean all over my bike I wouldn't say no either.

Sorry for the long post. Good news = Shinya is living/working in SoCal and hopefully we'll see a lot more of him.
Do you have any pics of the article?

We dont get the mag out here in Florida....

Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
990 Posts
Whenever I am bummed after seeing TC's and gleaming leathers all day I go home and look through the Zero Engineering book. Every time I see something else that's unique and the craftsmanship is fucking phenominal. Looking forward to seeing what he does next...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
So does anyone know where he is at now?

Is he not in Las Vegas anymore?

Is he in So Cal like posted above?

Im going to Las Vegas next week - and would love to be able to stop by and check out his new shop or any cool chopper shop for that matter - but he is high on my list.

Any help with this would be great!

Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,856 Posts
thankful said:
So does anyone know where he is at now?

Is he not in Las Vegas anymore?

Is he in So Cal like posted above?

Im going to Las Vegas next week - and would love to be able to stop by and check out his new shop or any cool chopper shop for that matter - but he is high on my list.

Any help with this would be great!

Thanks,
Chabott Eng. is located in Azusa, CA. and a bit of a ride from Vegas, baby....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
Flatironmike said:
Chabott Eng. is located in Azusa, CA. and a bit of a ride from Vegas, baby....
Ahhh - Thank You!

Do you know if Zero is still there in Vegas - or is that shop no longer around since the split?

And is there any other cool Harley or Chopper shop around in Vegas?

Thanks a ton,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
457 Posts
LOL.....

OK - I will weigh my options here.

Thanks to both of you.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top