Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear some opinions on my '04 Sportster. I'm trying to decide on a design for the tank. I want something different but haveing a hard time figuring out what. I was either thinking flames or scallops done in a red metalflake. Let me hear your opinions good or bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wjjeeper said:
Honestly - what do you care what my opinion is?
Honestly, I don't give a fuck what you think, I just like to hear other opinions. Doesn't mean I care what you think just curious.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
my vote: leave it alone. just ride it. a lot & dont ever load it on a trailer (unless its broken & you cant fix it on your own)

its funny, a block left of my place a guy has a big ass HD dresser & it permanently resides on a trailer in his driveway, tied down, uncovered. ive never seen him ride it, even once.

a block right of me, a guy sold his shitty old truck (my guess was it was his driver) & bought a new sporty. the guy rides it EVERYDAY, rain, snow, cold, hot, whatever.

im not sure where the fuck i was going with this, but i think it has to do with bikes...... or something.

·
Registered
270 Posts
jag1 said:
I would like to hear some opinions on my '04 Sportster. I'm trying to decide on a design for the tank. I want something different but haveing a hard time figuring out what. I was either thinking flames or scallops done in a red metalflake. Let me hear your opinions good or bad.
jag1 said:
Honestly, I don't give a fuck what you think, I just like to hear other opinions. Doesn't mean I care what you think just curious.
Dude you make no sense. First you ask for opinions and then get all pissy and state you don't care. You're like my wife.
:rolleyes:

Oh and smooth move because dropping an f-bomb here or there always proves how much thought is put into a post.

So let me type this nice and slow for you now so that you don't wig out and post something dumb again.
1- You ask for opinions
2- MY opinion is that you should do what YOU want with your bike.

Now if after all of this what you're after is some options (different from opinions) on how to paint your tank, then post your pic and ask for some possible design ideas.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
My opinion? It is a boring, ugly-looking stock bike that was painted black to try and look tough. Scallops or flames or whatever is not what that bike needs. That bike needs extensive surgery.

You're talking about skin creams when you should be thinking boob jobs and tummy tucks.

jag1 said:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Tha Nutz said:
My opinion? It is a boring, ugly-looking stock bike that was painted black to try and look tough. Scallops or flames or whatever is not what that bike needs. That bike needs extensive surgery.

You're talking about skin creams when you should be thinking boob jobs and tummy tucks.
Truth!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Lose those asshole rippers on the back fender. IMO oppinion, play the bikes aces. That bike can be made into a beast, I would assualt the performance before the asthetics. Front fork/wheel assembly looks good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tha Nutz said:

Now that's an opinion not a wasted post. thak you

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wjjeeper said:
Dude you make no sense. First you ask for opinions and then get all pissy and state you don't care. You're like my wife.
:rolleyes:

Oh and smooth move because dropping an f-bomb here or there always proves how much thought is put into a post.

So let me type this nice and slow for you now so that you don't wig out and post something dumb again.
1- You ask for opinions
2- MY opinion is that you should do what YOU want with your bike.

Now if after all of this what you're after is some options (different from opinions) on how to paint your tank, then post your pic and ask for some possible design ideas.

Good luck!
True, now do you have any options?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think your going to end up with a stocker look no matter what paint you throw on. I would consider spending your money elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I nominate this quote as best of April.
Tha Nutz said:

·
Registered
634 Posts
IMO, the problem with the late model sportsters is everything is organic looking and modern. No matter what you do to it, it will always look like a new bike.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts