Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a normal flat fender ready for mounting, but thats kinda boring.

i took my front fender from my old sporty and put it on the back.
i am not shure how i feel about it.
i hate doing all this mass approval Bullshit. my bike is my bike. and if you dont like it, oh well.....to each his OWN!

but this fender has been sitting on my bike for 3 days, i cant figure out if i want it on or off.

from some angles it looks cool....others not to good.

you opinion or other ideas would be great!!!!!!
or maybe i am just wasiting time and should put on the flat fender.

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Only if you split it, put a strip in to widen it, and weld it back up.
Too narrow. Looks like the front fender off a sporty instead of a rear chopper fender.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Looks to be a bit to narrow. Maybe a fender that would hug the tire a little better, but hey it's your scoot so whatever catches your eye!!

-eddie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ryno said:
Only if you split it, put a strip in to widen it, and weld it back up.
Too narrow. Looks like the front fender off a sporty instead of a rear chopper fender.
What he said!

·
Registered
798 Posts
i'm all for not going with the crowd....but that fender looks waay too small. Looks like a fat guy in a little suit....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for that input.

here is another stupid question. i am no pro at welding or at anything come to think of it.

i have a bunch of brass sheets laying around,
if i were to split the fender , could i weld a brass strip between the steel. polish it all the clear coat it.

can you weld brass to steel?
my guess is no.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Sorry man it looks like a fat girl with a thong on:)

Like they say just cause you can dont mean ya should..........

Need to split and ad a strip.But I do like the fact that it aint a ribbed fender like all my bikes and everyone elses.......:rolleyes:

Got to The Home Depot bike supply store or TSC and get ya a piece of 20 ga sheet metal it aint to awful pricey and cut ya piece to put in there.....

Shoe

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
You can only braze brass to steal if you are fucking awsome with a torch . you would be better off leading it . the melting point of lead is lower then steal or brass .
Your best bet is to get on ebay and buy the fender you want . it's your bike so don't make compermises !

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks everyone, i respect all of your opinions. i just got finished splitting the fender. will hit da metal scrap yard tomarow for some steel sheets.

what the hell was i thinking it looked like shit!
i was just being lazy, and wanted someone to motivate me.

·
Registered
427 Posts
RAYZOR said:
thanks for that input.

here is another stupid question. i am no pro at welding or at anything come to think of it.

i have a bunch of brass sheets laying around,
if i were to split the fender , could i weld a brass strip between the steel. polish it all the clear coat it.

can you weld brass to steel?
my guess is no.
shit if the stuff is thick enuff pound out a fender in it...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Any swap meets coming up in your area? I got two fenders for $10 at one near me. Take some measurements of you wheel - diameter and width bring a tape measure to the meet and start looking like a fool measuring everything in site - works for me

·
Registered
344 Posts
never tried it but if it was me id, either get my hands on an eglish wheel and try and roll one out, or make (split yours) and have it plated...

p.s original skinny, was too small in my opinion... although watch this space on OCC no doubt they'l do it on a 300 tyre now it's been on here! hehe

·
Registered
825 Posts
I think a brass seam down the center would look cool-as-shit!!! If you look around I am sure you could find some old welder who can wrangle a torch and do......would prob even enjoy the challenge.

Original question=too small.

·
Registered
71 Posts
RAYZOR said:
i have a normal flat fender ready for mounting, but thats kinda boring.

i took my front fender from my old sporty and put it on the back.
i am not shure how i feel about it.
i hate doing all this mass approval Bullshit. my bike is my bike. and if you dont like it, oh well.....to each his OWN!

but this fender has been sitting on my bike for 3 days, i cant figure out if i want it on or off.

from some angles it looks cool....others not to good.

you opinion or other ideas would be great!!!!!!
or maybe i am just wasiting time and should put on the flat fender.
The fender definitely should be widened not only for cosmetic reasons but that will also sling a bunch of shit up and over.
I was wondering what frame is pictured and size rr tire?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts