Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
your girl has to set an alarm to get up in the middle of the night for you to bid on parts on ebay.........and the parts your bidding on......you dont even have a project/bike to put them on yet but you HAVE to have the part cuz its cool and a good deal.

and whats even worse is your father is of equal mentalness and was hitting refresh throughout the last 3 minutes too!!!!

.........yes. i won it. going to bed.

gnight.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thats on par with just laying awake at night trying to visualize how to make parts for your bike. Spent many nights thinking about gearhead stuff...

caffeine said:
your girl has to set an alarm to get up in the middle of the night for you to bid on parts on ebay.........and the parts your bidding on......you dont even have a project/bike to put them on yet but you HAVE to have the part cuz its cool and a good deal.

and whats even worse is your father is of equal mentalness and was hitting refresh throughout the last 3 minutes too!!!!

gnight.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Grease Monkey said:
Thats on par with just laying awake at night trying to visualize how to make parts for your bike. Spent many nights thinking about gearhead stuff...
funny you should say that, couldnt sleep last night trying to work out the seat and tank on my Indian project, ended up sitting at the PC looking thru all the Indian pics on this forum.......... again!

Got it worked out now :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
No kidding! I've just gotten into rebuilding a Triumph with an old buddy, for a young guy. I am getting the bug again.
The kid has no money to spend on the bike but I've planned on an old school paint job. Haven't done any painting for years, other than Tremclad.All my cars are falling apart and all I can think about is getting this bike done and see if I can still do a killer wheelie.
I just remembered I have'nt riden a bike in 14 years.Time sure flies when you're oblivious.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
caffeine said:
nothing spectacular. a 38mm lake injector, i didnt get it for that good a price, but i wanted one to mess around with for my other project and this one is brand new
I'm running one one my triumph . Had to machine up several new needle tapers . Now I'm just making a new one with duel needles . They work great under wide open throttle but they don't idle for shit !!!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
caffeine said:
what size is yours? i have a feeling this one is going to be too big but i have 3 people looking to to double my money if i REALLY cant use it so i'm not too worried ;)

i dont need to idle.

have any pics of your bike?
Just a mock up pic . I ran it on a BSA A65t before . A 38mm would be fine for a 500 cc + single for drag racing were low end air accelleration is not needed . Mine is a 34mm and at sea level it fine but higher elevations its a tempermenal bastered The one I'm making now is a 32mm bore .
As for idling , you have to in order to start ! If there is no tuned idle circut the bike will flood or not get fuel at all . once running you just have to "blip " the throttle to keep it from dying . Also if you forget to turn off you fuel the bike will flood the lower end with gas . I ran a 2lb eletric fuel pump on mine and wired the ground through the oil preasure switch so it can only flow when the motor is turned on . But then I had to have a extra button in order to prime it . But hey they look cool as hell !!
Sorry about the pic it is only a mock up . I'm really bad about taking pics so I only end up with a few of each build . I'm just not a good P.R. person

Attachments

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
caffeine said:

gnight.
Theres not a dam thing wrong with that. Hell i woke up at 4 this morning for a dam brand nos bates seat. no rust on this thing hell it still had the bates catalog with it....... didnt hit reserve:( .

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It's a mechainical fuel injector . Basicly a flat side throttle body with no float bowl only a fuel feed tube , much like a emulsion tube .It has a long tappered needle in the center of it the is fully adjustable by a vanier on the top . So gravity feed fuel supplys the needle which just controls the "leak" into the ventury . No jets and no leaking float bowls . Very simple just a pain to tune they were mainly used for racing like speedway and drag racing .

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pic of the one i scooped up.

and another crappier condition one i found a picture of.

it was a dialy i dont think id run one just based off some good advice but for this project, there is no way i CANNOT run it. i just cant. yeah i could put a mikuni on and tune it 100x better but eh...........

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Those pics are from 2 differant bodies ! I'd run a Amal before a mikuni any day . The probelm with tuning these is trying to find Needles since they stop making them in the late 70's when Lectron can up with a better version .
Danm I just read the caption under the first pic !! I'm stupid
Also look ,up Star and Posa they also made them

1 - 20 of 27 Posts