Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804 I called Sam and told him about it ,He has now joined but is not much for typing :D He read what Apehangerhank ( I think) wrote and said he had forgot about that and was wondering what else people could remind him of (I think its just too many years of fumes hahaha) So if youve got any stories or just remember one of his bikes being at a show or something could you post it here?? Im sure he will be on to do an intro sometime ,maybe he'll do it on this post but he will be reading. Thanks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Wow!
Man...the internet sure has made the world a small place.
I have an uncle who used to build bikes (He's way into cars and boats now) back in the 70's and 80's who would ALWAYS mention Yosemite Sam.
He was his major influence paint wise.
That article in Easyrider reminded me of being a kid sitting on a milk crate looking at his paint jobs in photos my uncle had. (mailnly to keep me from finding out what the "adults" where up to now that I look back)
I pretty much spent all day yesterday looking at the bikes on his site.
It's one of those things that I look at and think, "Someone actually paints like this"
Without sounding.....I dunno.....like an art *** I guess....the paint schemes are so....organic....for lack of a better term.

Say...MikeO.....if I were to post some pictures of Ann Margret on her Triumph....could you call her too?

:D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yeah, those designs and paint schemes are insane. I would love to know what kind of time investment went into some of those bikes and what Sam's creative process is like.

·
Registered
617 Posts
MikeO said:
Its not the drugs just the cloud
jeezuss. no respirator? i've crawled around inside Aircraft Fuel tanks with no respirator...and often regretted it. that's got to be some harsh shit.

mitch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts