Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been helping my old buddy Mike with a chopper he purchased some 20 years ago. The machine was built and painted by Yosemite Sam Radoff. It was in downright horrible condition, basically a heap of rusted steel and chewed up Bondo. We only had a couple of old photos from auto and bike shows to guide us. Over the years Mike had the chrome redone, I rebuilt the engine and did some major repairs to the frame. It finally got a coat of the most gorgeous red metalflake I've ever seen (the attached photos really don't do it justice) then Mike handed it over to me to play with. It had been a long time since I did any serious airbrush work, but he wanted me to do he artwork and pinstriping. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to put on it...I know I can never even come close to replicating Sam Radoff's work, but Mike told me to do whatever I wanted, so I got to work. There are a lot of personal touches to the work that will only have meaning to Mike, but there is a salute to Yosemite Sam on there. We plan to start reassembling the machine soon, so I will post the progress from time to time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Holy jeebers, Goldy, beautiful. The figurative work, especially, is A+. Honda, right?
Yes Honda 750. Engine has ARD mag, webber carbs, chromed all over...looks like a piece of jewelry. A&E frame, cycle shack girders, snowflake wheels...all ready for assembly. Every now and then the Mods let one of these metric engined bikes slip in. I think even the Dragon would have looked the other way with this one...considering its history.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Incredible. I'm sure Sam would tip his hat to the work. That paint is stunning! and that's from a man who thinks black is the only colour!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts