Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn it's hot in so cal. It's 80 something in my house and I can't sleep. I knew about this place for a while, but wasn't doing anything interesting with my bike stuff. I just got a shovel basket project and I was doing some researchin. I've built a few bikes, but nothing this intense. I've got the frame, cases, and a wideglide front end. Luckily I have a fair amount of parts stashed away and know a few people. This is a long term project though. I still got some work to do on my Ironhead and need to get my BSA back on the road. I'll post some pics of my stuff later. Anyway, I'm a welder in the navy. I want to start a fabrication shop when I get out and continue to do the bike and hot rod stuff as a hobby. So that's my lame introduction.

Oh, I'm also a half assed part time photographer. Here's one of my test shots from my new camera. Cause everyone likes pics. This is my friends 52 pan.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Howdy from San Diego. I'm in Lemon Grove. If you're a NAvy welder then you probably took a class or two with Tommy over here on north island. I work on NASNI, not sure if there's any thying I have you need for your shvl but fee free to give me a call on the cats system, 5-2724

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fredo said:
Howdy from San Diego. I'm in Lemon Grove. If you're a NAvy welder then you probably took a class or two with Tommy over here on north island. I work on NASNI, not sure if there's any thying I have you need for your shvl but fee free to give me a call on the cats system, 5-2724
Cool, thanks. I'm over here at 32nd st navsta. Never got to take any weld classes over there. I don't get to do the fun stuff anymore, I get to "supervise" (see also, sitting around bored out of my mind). What do you ride, maybe I've seen your bike around.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey! Im enlisting in January as a welder.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kyle said:
Hey! Im enlisting in January as a welder.
Right on, buy a weld hood with the auto darkener, like a good one, not the harbor freight piece. Unless you're joining the marines, they use good helmets. The navy uses cheap ones.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Voneville said:
Right on, buy a weld hood with the auto darkener, like a good one, not the harbor freight piece. Unless you're joining the marines, they use good helmets. The navy uses cheap ones.
Thanks for the advice. I am joining the Navy, so I'll be sure to do that.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kyle said:
Thanks for the advice. I am joining the Navy, so I'll be sure to do that.
Did they tell you you'll also be a plumber? I chased more turds my first three years in the navy then some plumbers do their whole careers! Haha. It's good fun though.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Billdozer1811 said:
Now there's a quote!

My dad was a HT in the Navy for 20 years, so I can't talk shit. Welcome aboard, and sweet pan.

Semper Fi.

-Bill
Thanks man, that's my friends pan though, don't want to confuse anyway! It's a sweet ride when it's not broken down! Haha. He's just had some bad luck with the tranny and clutch, that motor is bulletproof so far.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
go Marines...just think you get the better welding hood, shoot guns and most likely chance to blast on someone! oh, and all the other shit you can deal with!

SEMPER FI

·
Registered
263 Posts
Voneville said:
Did they tell you you'll also be a plumber? I chased more turds my first three years in the navy then some plumbers do their whole careers! Haha. It's good fun though.
Of course they didnt tell me that:rolleyes: . I sort of figured there was a downside though...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts