Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a line on an xs650. Supposedly runs and drives, but the headlight wont work and for some reason if you move the fuse box the wrong way the bike dies. Is this easy stuff to remedy? Also, what is a fair price on these. He said to make an offer. I say a dollar but he might want more. Thanks!
Lil Joe

·
Registered
421 Posts
Capricekid said:
Got a line on an xs650. Supposedly runs and drives, but the headlight wont work and for some reason if you move the fuse box the wrong way the bike dies. Is this easy stuff to remedy? Also, what is a fair price on these. He said to make an offer. I say a dollar but he might want more. Thanks!
Lil Joe
If it's used kinda hard, mostly stock, and has electrical issues but nothing else major then a few hundred would be fair. I see basically sound bikes needing a bit of work selling in the $350-550 range.

But hell, the worst he can say is no. Check it out, if it's like he says it is then look disappointed and offer him $200 and see what he says.

As for the electrical, it sounds like it's a connection in or the fuseholder itself. If you're bobbing/chopping/ralphing/fredding then I wouldn't worry because you will want to simplify the stock wiring anyway.

·
Registered
181 Posts
the OEM fuseholders on XS650's are notorious for being crappy...if it has the original fuse box, throw it away with extreme prejudice and make another one...after that, you probably won't have any more electrical issues

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make another one?? I am not familiar with these bikes, is it hard to make one?
Lil Joe

Dirk_Laguna said:
the OEM fuseholders on XS650's are notorious for being crappy...if it has the original fuse box, throw it away with extreme prejudice and make another one...after that, you probably won't have any more electrical issues

1 - 7 of 7 Posts