Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's not exactly on the road yet, but I did at least get a few things buttoned up and rolled her out on to the porch both to make some room and to get a view of her from more than 5 feet away, about the range of viewing in my kitchen.
Since Cabbie doesn't have his pics up yet (yes, I'm trying to apply peer pressure), I thought I'd at least share some crappy shots of my project for anyone jonesing for a XS650 chop fix.

Still need to tackle electrical, rear brake, front fender mounts, controls, and some other stuff before tearing it all back apart. Damn, I'm really slow at this.

I'm sure the city has an ordinance about bikes on your porch and I'm sure some neighbor is researching it right now. Oh well.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
a lost cause said:
Your bike is cool as hell.
you know every time i start to forget how cool your bike is you pop a new pic up. i gotta be honest i wasn't crazy about the pipes before for some reason but now they have grown on me and i really like 'em. are you gonna wrap 'em or leave them as is? i've said it before and i'll say it again alot of what you've done has been damn near exactly what i've been goin' for on my xs. i need to get off my ass and get the hardtail done. thats basiclly whats holding up progress right now. just been busy as hell with the new house. seeeing yours outside has me ready to get back to this thing. thanks...ken....

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
Wait, that shiftgate is rockin!

More pics please.

Tom, what's the name of that cycle show we're ridin' to next year in PA?

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
fuck yeah NAPPY...your xs is kick-ass!

ed, it was carlisle. not so much the "event" but the ride up, meeting up with frieds from CT/NY and staying over to party

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. The photos are shitty, again I'm crammed up on the porch trying to shoot it from odd angles but I'm actually pretty happy with the proportions when you step back 20 feet and look.

Not sure on the pipes. I'd really like to chrome them but it's doubtful that's in the budget- expenditures are closing in on $500 now. If I go with nice paint and chrome I'll have as much in as I would to buy a 'real' bike so I'm wrestling with that. Looking like the pipes might get the high heat powder treatment to keep things reasonable. And still thinking of clear powder for the frame?

Definitely not a show bike, but it's a long way from where it started...

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Since Cabbie doesn't have his pics up yet (yes, I'm trying to apply peer pressure),
LOL!! Damn Nappy! Tryin to make me feel bad? :D I know I know, Ive been a slack ass on this, but I PROMISE I will have pics of it by monday. Im going to have it on the road by Sat morning if it takes all night.. Im Sooooo close it hurts. Anyway, onto your's my man...I absofuckinlutely love it! It has the most bad assed stance..just all business... By the way, on your pipes, are they connected all the way? If so, how do you get them off the bike? Mine are all bendy too, but I had to keep the runs seperate in order to get them off the bike..Thought about it right before I welded the mounts together..That would have sucked big time..
Affectionately Slacking,
XCS

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
next time my OL complains about me leaving motorcycle crap everywhere i'm taking her straight to this post and showing her nappy's kitchen!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
DAMN dude. Lookin' good.

If you want help with electrical, you know where I'm at. Oh and if you need a place to store because of nosy neighbors, bring it on over.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Nappy said:
Two more just because I'm happy that I can open my refridgerator door without tipping the bike over now....
Beautiful bike - you should be proud. It's also inspirational. I have most of a T100 Triumph that was headed for the chopping/bobbing block but I also have most of an XS650 that I am seriously considering. Your pics are warping my decision-making process.

My ideas are by no means original, though I would like to add a short H-D springer or eBay girder to the mix. I can't imagine its all that difficult to shorten a rusty eBay 12" girder and make it look vaguely similiar to what would be found on an Indian Scout. That, or I've got some plans from Crime Scene Choppers for a 101 Scout style leaf spring front end.

Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Damn that's nice. I really like the way it looks.
Hank

1 - 20 of 39 Posts