Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i searched through looking for old threads but didnt really find what i was looking for... so hate me if this redundent.

i was thinking about just rolling with the headers on my sx 650, but i was advised i was a dumb ass!

so now im looking for some options other than the reg stock looking crap. anybody have some extensions or old pipes that are laying around or even photos of my options that would be great. thanks
larry

·
Registered
335 Posts
Alleycat, aside from it not being the best looking setup, going with the stock headpipes should be fine. I know a lot of people just run those with no issues. Nappy built up some sweet pipes for his xs, look him up and you will see what Im talking about.. This is what I did on mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
845 Posts
With running just the headers it will put the noise right under your feet, which I think would get really old. Of course, you'll also need to rejet the carbs for sure on any non-stock setup like that.

I added a set of straight pipe sections there where the headers stop and ran them next to the side rails of the frame on a bike of mine. Looked clean and neat. I changed directions from the clean bobber look to something a little more chopperish and made a different set this past week. I'll shoot some pix of the pipes I made for my chop tomorrow, they took more time to build but look the part of a chopper better.

·
Registered
217 Posts
you can do alot with the stock headpipes in fact they actually flow beeter then aftermarket exhaust 650 yamahas don't like huge pipes unless you running a pumped engine

Attachments

·
Registered
770 Posts
Dude, larry i was gonna tell yah bout these shits when I was in the other day. Tourque cones, you stuff em up in the pipe and they make back pressure, similar to a baffle. You use em in dump setups like yah got goin on.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Capt. Cal said:
if you like the look of just the headers beacuse of the smoothness.... a set of "turned outs" would probably look good. you wont have the bulkyness of mufflers, but still have some style. but that is if you do plan on running just the stock headers. just my 2 cents.
where did these come from? i like the look

1 - 12 of 12 Posts