Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to pass along a story of what happened to me today. Been trying to change the brakes on my red pan. Have all new GMA stuff from Omaha, well, I get the rear pulled and find the wheel is Jap. Nothing Harley fits. The rotor is six hole mounting, Harley is five. The old rotor is so warped that the brakes drag all the time, even when cold. To make a long story short, GMA can't help me. They suggest I call Pat Kennedy in AZ. He's a " Great Guy " , anyway, I tell them my problem. first ?, What size rotor, Ans. 10 " reply, We don't make 10" rotors, response, I know, I need a custom made, reply, WE DON'T DO ANYTHING FOR CUSTOMERS, reponse, Who the FUCK buys your parts!!!!!! Sorry, Had to VENT.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Polock Joe said:
Do you know what shop he works at?
Ya, He owns Pat Kennedy Inc. custom brakes for the whole YUPPIE World. Older version of Roland Sands' Performance Machine

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StraightPipez said:
I'd call Fab Kevin.
Thanks man, local machinest, and longtime friend said, NO PROBLEM, he's making me one. It's good to have friends.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I thought Pat Kennedy sounded familiar but I always thought he was in CA....maybe I'm thinking of a different guy.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Pat Kennedy was old school before school even started cept he kinda forgot where he came from and the root of all evil$$$$$$$$$$$$$ took over is what it sounds like IMHO.

He use to would not build you a bike unless he interviewed you first and then and only then would determine if he felt like you deserved one of his bikes.Wanted to make sure it was going to a proper home.He was also known for his long bikes when long bikes where not cool.Seems times have changed he was also doin some of the first sets of twisted spoke high spoke count wheels.
Seems times have changed.

Heres a little read on how they use to be maybe he is mad cause he aint had his day in the Tv spotlight.
http://www.bikernet.com/news/specials/pkennedy2002.asp

Glad to see ya got your rotor problem solved anyhow.....

Shoe

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
Pat Kennedy was old school before school even started cept he kinda forgot where he came from and the root of all evil$$$$$$$$$$$$$ took over is what it sounds like IMHO.

He use to would not build you a bike unless he interviewed you first and then and only then would determine if he felt like you deserved one of his bikes.Wanted to make sure it was going to a proper home.He was also known for his long bikes when long bikes where not cool.Seems times have changed he was also doin some of the first sets of twisted spoke high spoke count wheels.
Seems times have changed.

Heres a little read on how they use to be maybe he is mad cause he aint had his day in the Tv spotlight.
http://www.bikernet.com/news/specials/pkennedy2002.asp

Glad to see ya got your rotor problem solved anyhow.....

Shoe
Thanks Shoe, hate having a ride down for a dumbshit thing like this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts