Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a little Sportster I'm building. It's a 2001 1200. Rather than re-invent the wheel I decided to go with a Led Sled tail, 4" over and 2" down. I normally would have made one, but what's the point when Pat is putting out a quality product and I would have had to spend hours doing it?

So got the tail on, and ordered up bits to do the chain conversion. FYI that's about $180 worth of parts there that I ordered individually, those $300 "kits" are a little ridiculous. Also got the rims powdered black and laced them to polished stock hubs. Set it up with snazzy new stainless rotors and an '04 front caliper because it's cool finned aluminum.

The best part is I'm building it for one of my best friends, John Campbell. John plays bass in a teeny tiny metal band called Lamb of God. They're from right here in Richmond, and have practice/demo space about 100 yards from my shop.

That's it so far, trying to decide what to do for tins, I've got pretty much freedom to do whatever on this one, so hopefully I can come up with something cool looking.

·
Registered
732 Posts
If the bike gets half as good as their music its gonna be killer!
the Led sled frame looks swesome, stance is just right too...

a light, tight and rideble bike. perfect :)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
hey clay that looks perfect
and ..ehh....getting lazy ??
by ordering stuff and not making it yourself anymore ;) lol

i'm pretty sure that this won't be your last HD build
i switched from GB bikes to harley's a couple of years ago and i don't think that it really matters on what you build ,as long as it gets better and improves from what it was stock its all good !!

i'm sure this will turn into a great atom bomb bike

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Hi Clay looks like a great start. I know it might be the obvious pre-prepared ;) choice, perhaps too obvious, but its sure hard to beat the looks of a sporty tank on a sporty.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Forgot to mention, nice variation on the cam cover.
Thanks, I forgot to mention that too. I put an edge all the way around the cut so it looks exactly as stock, just shaped different. Pain in the ass.

Now I have to come up with some sorta sprocket cover/control mount that looks good with that cover.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It'll only hurt for a minute. You'll learn to enjoy it. Really.
Hahah, right on. It doesn't hurt really, just burns a little when I pee.

Nah, I don't mind doing a Harley at all...kind of like it actually. I just have done so much Brit stuff that I wasn't sure I was ever going to get the chance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.