Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shovelhead is acting up in a very strange way. It all started when it acted like my ignition started cutting out and the bike ran like dog shit. Wouldnt start to save my life (kick only....real fun). When i turn the ignition on (toggle switch that turns power on to the coil, headlight/tailight) i can hear an "electical" hum. After searching around with my ear...it was coming out of the front exhaust pipe! The front plug is constantly firing.. My first thought was...what are the odds of the motor being at just the "firing point" of the front cylinder, so i turn the motor over a little and its still doing it. So i pulled the signal wire for the front cylinder off the coil. I still hear the coil sound like its energized though. What the hell, its an almost BRAND NEW expensive ass vulcan distributor. Anyone have a clue? Is the module fucked in the distributor?

·
Registered
992 Posts
sounds like a multi fire set up and the oscillator stuck.

put a True fire E.I on a Model T years ago , there were troubles all over the planet with the set up.
They have a multi fire oscillator = artificial buzzer

Its the module , any warranty ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.