Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a ratchet top for my shovelhead. One I found locally ended up being junk besides cases, and my cowpie mainshaft broke off with the clutch hub nut. Unfortunatley I don't have the skillset to repair these myself and have it be worth it, so I'm looking to buy one in working order. I need it to have the long 12.5" mainshaft for alternator shovels, and it must be kickstart too. Preferrably complete with final drive sprocket and clutch release arm, even better if its an extended one for hand shift. If you have a five stud clutch hub I would be interested in that too.

I do still have the cowpie from my 79 FXS, it is in good condition and shifted perfectly when it was on the bike. Was going to sell it as a runnable transmission but then the mainshaft isssue occured so now it needs that and a new clutch hub nut. I'd be willing to put that towards the ratchet top or sell outright for $300. Comes with transmission plate, clutch release arm, and late style swivel kicker with spring.

My name is Ryan and you can message me here or call/text me @ 4134272500, I work Mon-Fri 7 am to 5 pm so texting is best during those hours. I am in Austin, TX and don't mind driving a couple hours for the right deal. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts