Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
models were available. What did kawasaki, honda, and others make back then. I'm mainly looking at these from a cost effectiveness standpoint. Also, I would like to see some chopped if you have any pics. What info can you give me on the best ones to chop. The more unique looking the motor the better.

·
Registered
552 Posts
E2Grunt said:
models were available. What did kawasaki, honda, and others make back then. I'm mainly looking at these from a cost effectiveness standpoint. Also, I would like to see some chopped if you have any pics. What info can you give me on the best ones to chop. The more unique looking the motor the better.
www.bikez.com is a good listing of motorcycle companies and models..

also,if you want a unique motor,try and find one of these

Suzuki RE5 Rotary engine.
more info

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
honda cb750's are great....i had a old kawasaki kz1000 ex-cop bike that was fun as hell, beat to shit with 21" apes and big-ass ammo cans as luggage(doubled as coolers). man, that bike was fun and part of the beauty was i had so little $$ into it there was no guilt. i know there is a company out there making frames for a bunch of the redily available jap bikes like the kz and the cb, i wil try to find it. i wish some of the new v-twin jap bikes weren't liquid cooled...it would be cool to do a rigid with a honda rc-51 motor in it!

·
Registered
981 Posts
E2Grunt said:
450-750 hondas are good, just depending on what style bike you wanna build. wanna build a frisco bike, go with a 450 cause they're side by side twins, similar to a triumph. same thing with 650 yamahas. 750 honda, go with a rigid frame, long springer and pull backs. i havent seen to many kawasakis chopped, not to many "chopper" parts are made for them. if you wanna go with some kind of jap bike, go with a honda or a yamaha. just my 2 cents.
heres some photos of some jap chops i think are choice.

Attachments

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
here's my 1975 honda CL 360 in early mockup form. found a 70's chopper frame for it. got lucky. the bike that tom was talking about with the apes and ammo cans was bad ass!! i didn't know it was his at the time when i saw it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
rev616 said:

more info
I could tell you the exact corner where one of these has been sittin for a few years, at least up until a couple months ago, doubt it has moved...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sparky, That is one of the coolest bikes about. The stance is dead on! Keep us updated!
Also check Nappy he has a killer yamachoppa. Maybe he'll post a pic. Ken
sparkymoffett said:
here's my 1975 honda CL 360 in early mockup form. found a 70's chopper frame for it. got lucky. the bike that tom was talking about with the apes and ammo cans was bad ass!! i didn't know it was his at the time when i saw it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
sentinelT said:
I could tell you the exact corner where one of these has been sittin for a few years, at least up until a couple months ago, doubt it has moved...
ohhh man.i would love one of those things..talk about a conversation piece

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is one of these with about an 8 or 10 over twisted springer sittin behind the bike shop i work at. Its been sittin outside for a while. Was checkin around and these bastards are hard to find anything for! I might be able to pick it up cheap if anybody is interested.

rev616 said:

more info

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
Built2Ride said:
Sparky, That is one of the coolest bikes about. The stance is dead on! Keep us updated!
Also check Nappy he has a killer yamachoppa. Maybe he'll post a pic. Ken
Thanks man! yeah she's disassembled for the winter getting ready for paint and some more fab stuff.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all of the feed back guys. I still don't know what direction I want to go with it but I really dig Moffets and this one...

I just really want something unique. I like the idea of the side by side and I like a little stretch and rake but it's mostly gonna depend o nthe wallet. thanks again

·
Registered
1 Posts
E2Grunt said:
here are a couple of pics of the first MEATBALL it was a yami maxim Can you see it?I also added pne of a 650 yami........Meatball

1 - 13 of 13 Posts