Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please stand up!!
Ive removed the rear turn signals today and will be installing the tiny liitle stream line bullet signals. Ill post pictures when its done.
it looks so much better just having them removed, but I think turn signals have a plave in function

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yes, turn signals give you a chance to tell the cop taking your accident report that you actually WERE signalling, granny just didn't see it. LOL!!

Looking forward to the bullets Mike. Man, you have really jumped on this 'freshen' up the new sporty' project!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Bobbers dont have bullets there suppose to have Krommets,When will you ever learn and you call yourself a biker.:confused: ;)

It will look good with bullets mike but I am not a fan of signals I just use hand signals.

Later Shoe

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man I just finished removing the mirrors and turn signals and SA Leak!! Man it slims it out nice. Im gonna try and find some better mirrors
(that I can see behind me with) any ideas are welcome

·
Registered
617 Posts
I put 150 miles on my bike yesterday and two sigs guts rattled loose inside the housing. I'm contemplating just removing them altogether. most cagers don't even see me anyway. hmmm.

make sure you share some pics of yours when/if you get em on.

mitch

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree they do look better without but I believe as well its very hard to see a hand signal at night.
and Im afraid to remove my hands just yet hahahaah

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
it's actually alot easier . it shows intent , that you are actually telling someone that you are turning , as opposed to just driving around aimlessly having forgotten your blinker is on . once you get used to letting go of the grips it is alot easier :) and safer in my oppinion .

·
Registered
675 Posts
stadium mirrors
Draglinkscc said:
Man I just finished removing the mirrors and turn signals and SA Leak!! Man it slims it out nice. Im gonna try and find some better mirrors
(that I can see behind me with) any ideas are welcome

·
Registered
675 Posts
I picked up a badlands self canceling module. Hit it once its good for 8 seconds then turns off. I use only hands during the day and the lights at night if i think some dock can't see my loud bright colored bike
Django said:
Except for that pesky clutch lever thingie!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Its funny (read:scary) ....

People in Massachusetts have NO IDEA what the hand signals mean.
Signal left and some dumb fuck will turn to look at what your pointing at as they cream you.

For whatever reason they think a right turn hand signal means:"Lean on your horn and give the asshole on the bike the finger"

I found there are really only 2 signals these assholes know.
Of course, the "one finger salute" or, in dire situations....they seem to understand a good kick to their door.
Again....ONLY when absolutely nessecery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts