Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw it this evening. It's awsome! Hollywood finally got it right thanks to the kiwis. Anthony Hopkins is great as Burt Munro as is the rest of the cast. The bikes and cars, perfect! Mickey Thompson's Challenger at speed at Bonneville is worth the price of admission. Go see it. -stick

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just saw the preview for this last night on the tube and I immediately called some bros. to plan on seeing it. Looks great!

Cool that Anthony Hopkins is doing it too. Seems that most halfway decent car/bike movies are looked over by good actors. The really got the best for this flick, it must be great...

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Ok thred O mancer! Great movie, I have it on DVD, was waiting for fifteen years for it to come out!!!

..............Roach.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Neo Dutch, funny stuff. I'm still under a hundred posts so I'm making every stupid comment count, but I was thinking the exact same thing. Speaking of busting balls, or in this case "chops" where do I get a Jockey Journal shirt like your avatar there?

·
Registered
931 Posts
1st time I seen W.F.I was up at the Hollister rally a few years ago, the town
opened up the movie theater & showed free biker flicks during the rally.
wild one, easy rider, & fastest indian were in rotation. I came out of johnny's bar & staggered
over to the old theater house & the movie was just starting.
yeah damn good movie, hopkins was flawless.
hey Roach.....You mean this movie was in the works 15 years before it
was produced?

·
Registered
883 Posts
It was amazing what Munro could get out of those engines.
I believe one of his speed records still stand today. I can't remember how many inches the engine was??
I love the little kiwi leaf spring front end he rocked!

·
Registered
319 Posts
1st time I seen W.F.I was up at the Hollister rally a few years ago, the town
opened up the movie theater & showed free biker flicks during the rally.
wild one, easy rider, & fastest indian were in rotation. I came out of johnny's bar & staggered
over to the old theater house & the movie was just starting.
yeah damn good movie, hopkins was flawless.
hey Roach.....You mean this movie was in the works 15 years before it
was produced?
the director Roger Donaldson did a documentary way back when called "offerings to the god of speed" with the old chap before he died. alot of the movie was right out of that documentary. great flick. both of them.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Now that you've seen the movie, Go to Bonneville and experience the real thing. Been there the last 3 years and plan on going again this year to Speed Week. I've seen a few things in my 50 years but Bonneville tops them all.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Dr Benways post was the best, too bad he deleted it. Time to lock a useless 4 year old thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.