Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its -2 degrees here outside, so I've been in the garage quite a bit, working on my sportster. I finally got my battery box and oil tank pretty much buttoned up, I had to buy a dry cell battery to make it fit in the box I made, Its 225 CCA, I hope thats enough to start the ironhead. The oil tank I built holds a little over 2 1/2 quarts, of oil, which hopefully will be enough. If not I will have to build a little resivore and hide it somewhere. This weekend I rolled it down to the ground to check it out for the first time, Its pretty low, but I like the look. Tonight, I built the exhaust, I used 13 pieces, (all of which I had lying around as short scraps from my old hotrod) so it cost me nothing, (gotta like that) I still have to finish welding the pipes, but it looks pretty much like what I was after, anyways... NEXT is to rework the tank, build a seat and mount it and then plumb the bike, and hopefully pretty soon, I can take it apart and make it shiny........LUKESTER

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
You must have a smokin' heater and some extra thick insulation goin on in that garage!! Anyway, thats a badass lookin' scoot ya got there!! Can't wait to see it finished. What color are you gonna squirt it with ?
skinny

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had to section my oil tank, reducing it's capacity. I opted for an automotive remote mount filter. It gave me a full quart and it hangs out in the cool air.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
How much space is there between the oil tank and chain? hard to tell in the pics but it looks a little close

·
Registered
617 Posts
LUKESTER said:
Its -2 degrees here outside, so I've been in the garage quite a bit...
my damn heater went out in my garage so I haven't been working on mine much. It's good to see someone in 'Sconsin crankin it out though. I'd love to see that thing in person when it's done, it looks awesome.

mitch

·
Registered
943 Posts
Nice work! Going to be a great looking ride.

Hank

1 - 13 of 13 Posts