Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, things are happening..
Havent been able to fit the rearfender yet cause i`m waiting for the new 16" wheel from Chaz on the JJ, looking forward to get that. I`ll bolt up the oiltank today, and also the oilfilter mount in front of the oiltank. You`ll se later what i mean.

I have decided to have a spool in the front - does any know where i can get one?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
ooohhhhh looks funky - them be some serious apes..... i guess you are a tall guy then...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Dirt said:
Not that tall, 182cm.. Maybe i change for other bars later.

Its an original -77 frame with weld on rigid rear frame - at least i think so.
leave the bars on if you like 'em. build the bike you like, not for someone else.
that being said, and like it means anything, I dig the apes and the stance of the bike.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
TRENT has the best spoolie deals in the world, just got mine from him FAST shipping, SUPER nice prices, and i think he sells the V-Twin ones, which most guys can tell you ROCK!!!! LOVIN mine!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! I will shoot more pics soon, just need to finish the nightshift week at work...it kills me.
Last week i had enough to do cleaning up after our party. We did sell food, beer and booze for almost $35000!!! 4 days of party, no rain, lots of bikes and great music, cant be better.
Winter is coming soon here and then we crawl back into our cages and build bikes!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
i would cut em 6" above the rear tire, and then put flappers in em!!! but i like that odd shit... i wouldnt go too much over the tire, i think 6" would look killer.. i also think those pipes mean you need different bars, Z's or drags.... just would fit the look of the bike more, but like everyone says, build what U want cause only U ride it!!! nice bike man

quick photoshop...

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was actually thinking about something like that, but i have to think for it a little bit more. The angle of the slashcut is a clue too, but i`ll figure out soon ;)

A friend of mine that is heavily into VW dragracing (i was once too) did comment the angle of that exhaust... reminded us when we was at the drags some years ago, and one of the drivers - friend of us, used the upswept stinger on his racing car as his personal toilet all the night. He got very drunk....Too bad he didnt remember the next day ;) I dont think i have to draw a picture of what happened when he fired his car in the morning - with lots of people standing behind the car to watch....

Flappers would be a nice idea when you have such friends..hehe.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Jeff!
Been to the garage today to do some thinking..cant really decide how to cut those pipes. Guess i just leave them as they are for now. I`ll decide after a couple bottles of red wine..

Here is a couple of more pics:seat hinge welded in place, and the new top motormount (not to good pictures though).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts