Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
trail looks right, should ride well... too long imo, but who the fuck am i? im too hurt to even finish my bike!! LOL

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not so much too long, but too low. With a stockfront end, 21" front wheel and ? inch stretch in the down tube it almost scrapes the ground just rolling it around.

I'm gonna cut the slug out of the down tube and bring it up enough to get a little more ground clearence.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
copperbobber said:
It's not so much too long, but too low. With a stockfront end, 21" front wheel and ? inch stretch in the down tube it almost scrapes the ground just rolling it around.

I'm gonna cut the slug out of the down tube and bring it up enough to get a little more ground clearence.
Just out of curiousity, why didn't you just buy scooter with a stock frame and bolt on hardtail to begin with?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Larry T said:
Just out of curiousity, why didn't you just buy scooter with a stock frame and bolt on hardtail to begin with?
Cause I enjoy a challenge. :D

That would be way to easy. Plus I wanted a 70 frame cause I like the front motor mount.

Sure I could have made it into a 70 look alike but fuck all that nonsense.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Won't look long after a saet and fender......

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
copperbobber said:
I do need an old ragged seat.

I'm gonna try to save the paint on the tank for as long as possible.

Jeff and I were lookin at it pretty close and it might have a crack in it
:(
IF you have a friend at the nearest radiator shop, they can test it in their water tank...(or use your neighbors swimming pool)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.