Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question im sure it has been answered on here but i cant find a speific answer.i have a 1975 xlh kick start only with a magneto.What do i need to run headlight and taillight only.i want to keep it as simple as possible.headlight taillight generator or do i need other items?

Thanks

·
Registered
837 Posts
Thanks 16ounce.i looked at that already.Does that mean i cant do it without a regulator?
You need a regulator. I used to run a mechanical but it wouldn't always fire up the lights...now I run electronic regulator and a capacitor... Headlight and led taillight... Works awesome.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I got tired of the no lights crap on my '68 CH. Made a little battery box that bolted to the frame mount on the downtubes. Not exactly pretty but it was my only transport and I worked 2nd shift. Just a little 3AH battery and attendant wiring.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I got tired of the no lights crap on my '68 CH. Made a little battery box that bolted to the frame mount on the downtubes. Not exactly pretty but it was my only transport and I worked 2nd shift. Just a little 3AH battery and attendant wiring.
no lights?

no battery on my mag/kick-only '67... genny runs the lights just fine; nice and bright anything over idle (pretty dim headlight @ idle, though).

·
Registered
734 Posts
I had a close call at a light with the dim lights working in the city. Some shithead almost plowed me into the intersection while I was waiting for the light. I felt the car tugging at my jeans as he went by inches from me. Sat up all night after that,scared the shit outta me. Keep an eye on the mirrors to this day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts