Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I say restart because my first idea didn't work out.

So now I'm restarting with this frame. Paughco with (I was told) 38 degrees of rake. Which is odd, because when I laid it out on the driveway with a 16 inch rear wheel, and put a 21 inch in the front... the distance between the bottom of the neck and approximate location of the bottom rocker seemed to be about 22 or 23 inches. I thought a stock springer was 22 inches, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, here's a shot of it laid out and my air shocks. I'll post before and after pictures of my engine later.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a hell of a start. Got to say your garage floor looks better than my kitchen. Good luck I love my panheads. Just hooked my son up with one I built in 1972. He is loving it.
Thanks. The floor and cabinets were in the deal I made with the Mrs. when we moved into a house without a basement.

Lots to do. Should be fun winter.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think thats stock rake, I mean if you pulled it in 8 degrees your 21" wheel would be between the legs. Great looking motor, who did it?
I bought the frame from someone on Long Island. The guy said it was 38 degree rake and 2 inch stretch. I agree that it doesn't look that way. But that's okay with me.

The engine was rebuilt by a guy named Steve in Central Jersey. A friend of Chris at Design Worx (Mayhem Cycle).

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think thats stock rake, I mean if you pulled it in 8 degrees your 21" wheel would be between the legs. Great looking motor, who did it?
I bought the frame from someone on Long Island. The guy said it was 38 degree rake and 2 inch stretch. I agree that it doesn't look that way. But that's okay with me.

The engine was rebuilt by a guy named Steve in Central Jersey. A friend of Chris at Design Worx (Mayhem Cycle).

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm having a hard time picking out wheels and tires. The tires I selected don't fit the wheels I selected. I want some good handling, good looking tires on some 60 spoke wheels.
Front 21" single disk... thin, but not too thin. Rear 16" disk on right, sprocket on left.

When I went to the M/C shop Saturday I picked out some nice looking wheels, but Speedmaster 21 inch tire would not fit.

What are you builders using?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those nice looking wheels I picked out turned out to be DNA, which I understand are made in China and not very good quality.

Can anybody tell me what kind of wheels and tires they're using? I want a good quality 21" 60 spoke front wheel (single disk) and a 16"' 60 spoke rear wheel sprocket left/disk right.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Those nice looking wheels I picked out turned out to be DNA, which I understand are made in China and not very good quality.

Can anybody tell me what kind of wheels and tires they're using? I want a good quality 21" 60 spoke front wheel (single disk) and a 16"' 60 spoke rear wheel sprocket left/disk right.
Keep an eye out for some harley take off's, cheap and good!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.