Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I say restart because my first idea didn't work out.

So now I'm restarting with this frame. Paughco with (I was told) 38 degrees of rake. Which is odd, because when I laid it out on the driveway with a 16 inch rear wheel, and put a 21 inch in the front... the distance between the bottom of the neck and approximate location of the bottom rocker seemed to be about 22 or 23 inches. I thought a stock springer was 22 inches, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, here's a shot of it laid out and my air shocks. I'll post before and after pictures of my engine later.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,801 Posts
That motor looks great, keep us posted, looking good all around.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Looks great! Let me know if you need any help.

Remember, the 21 is gonna raise the hub a bit. Hope all is well.

C

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a hell of a start. Got to say your garage floor looks better than my kitchen. Good luck I love my panheads. Just hooked my son up with one I built in 1972. He is loving it.
Thanks. The floor and cabinets were in the deal I made with the Mrs. when we moved into a house without a basement.

Lots to do. Should be fun winter.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think thats stock rake, I mean if you pulled it in 8 degrees your 21" wheel would be between the legs. Great looking motor, who did it?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think thats stock rake, I mean if you pulled it in 8 degrees your 21" wheel would be between the legs. Great looking motor, who did it?
I bought the frame from someone on Long Island. The guy said it was 38 degree rake and 2 inch stretch. I agree that it doesn't look that way. But that's okay with me.

The engine was rebuilt by a guy named Steve in Central Jersey. A friend of Chris at Design Worx (Mayhem Cycle).

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought the frame from someone on Long Island. The guy said it was 38 degree rake and 2 inch stretch. I agree that it doesn't look that way. But that's okay with me.

The engine was rebuilt by a guy named Steve in Central Jersey. A friend of Chris at Design Worx (Mayhem Cycle).

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm having a hard time picking out wheels and tires. The tires I selected don't fit the wheels I selected. I want some good handling, good looking tires on some 60 spoke wheels.
Front 21" single disk... thin, but not too thin. Rear 16" disk on right, sprocket on left.

When I went to the M/C shop Saturday I picked out some nice looking wheels, but Speedmaster 21 inch tire would not fit.

What are you builders using?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Curious as to why the 21" speedmaster would not fit a 21" rim. We're talking motorcycle wheels here not 10" wide drag car wheels

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those nice looking wheels I picked out turned out to be DNA, which I understand are made in China and not very good quality.

Can anybody tell me what kind of wheels and tires they're using? I want a good quality 21" 60 spoke front wheel (single disk) and a 16"' 60 spoke rear wheel sprocket left/disk right.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Those nice looking wheels I picked out turned out to be DNA, which I understand are made in China and not very good quality.

Can anybody tell me what kind of wheels and tires they're using? I want a good quality 21" 60 spoke front wheel (single disk) and a 16"' 60 spoke rear wheel sprocket left/disk right.
Keep an eye out for some harley take off's, cheap and good!

·
Administrator
7,801 Posts
Keep an eye out for some harley take off's, cheap and good!
Yep, oem wheels would work, but they're gonna be 40 spoke. Plenty of them available at very good prices. That would be your best bet.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
There's a gent on CL North Jersey selling a set of take off HD wheels with black rims for 500 for the pair.

C

1 - 20 of 27 Posts