Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OH PS, it doesn have the filter inside so its just an open can, with a hole on top and bottom. heres another shot of one i found.

pretty neat stuff..... what if i linked two together?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I know there's a ford stamp in the second picture, but that's pretty close to a 59' Cad one I have, was thinking about using for same purpose on a bike, but never got around to it. Sorry I know this dosn't answer your question, but Ace idea! haha...

No reason, if you had one on top of the other and a larger pipe connecting them (free flowing) that it shoudln't work...

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moonshiners said:
I know there's a ford stamp in the second picture, but that's pretty close to a 59' Cad one I have, was thinking about using for same purpose on a bike, but never got around to it. Sorry I know this dosn't answer your question, but Ace idea! haha...

No reason, if you had one on top of the other and a larger pipe connecting them (free flowing) that it shoudln't work...
i think they were both made by the same company (ford chevy and all the others) just like how delco made all the generators for most of them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had one of those on my bsa for a while, but it seemed way to small. It only held about a quart when full. I had trouble with oil pumping out of the breather I put on top. So I bought another and added a piece of big rig exhaust tubing in the middle, It now holds three quarts. also added a filler tube and bsa breather on top.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Django said:
Hey Zach, that is a cool idea, but I don't think it is enough oil. I agree, 3 quarts would be the minimum. Could you run one on either side and bridge them together?
hey chad, i dont see any reason why you couldnt??? i was also thinking of using a bomber oxy tank=P the ones that they used to carry with them i think.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Django said:
Hey Zach, that is a cool idea, but I don't think it is enough oil. I agree, 3 quarts would be the minimum. Could you run one on either side and bridge them together?
Cut the bottom off of one and weld it to the top of the other if it's not going to be too tall.

·
Registered
372 Posts
greasystain said:
will one of these hold enuff oil, and work for an oil tank on my 650 triumph? its a remote oil filter for a pre full flow car, and is 4 1/4 wide prolly 7 inches long or so
If you plan on riding in the heat of the summer, you'll need 3 quarts, like others are telling you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts