Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone has an answer for me on this as to what fits what-
I've currently got stock length 66-72 right side drum wide glide legs. My buddy lent me a set 4 over tubes that need dampers in them. Before I buy new dampers, I think these legs are a little newer than my lowers, because near the bottom of the tubes is a machined groove cut all the way around that I don't recall seeing on mine. And instead their being a snap ring to hold the damper assembly in, there seems to be a pressed in cap. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Thoes are later tubes fram Evos, you need to use the same years guts and the caps are a diferent thread..........

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
perfect, thanks guys.

I did get the caps with with the tubes, so thats not a problem. Roach, if I get the correct year guts to the tubes, will they then work with my lowers? Or is this one of those not interchangable situations?

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
use just the top bushings, not the ones that clip in the slot on the tubes and they will work, did that on my 75 shovel front end.

the drum lowers are sim.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
use just the top bushings, not the ones that clip in the slot on the tubes and they will work, did that on my 75 shovel front end.

the drum lowers are sim.
I don't quit understand this. You left the upper and lower bushings in the 75 slider or did you remove the upper bushings from the slider and use the later model upper bushings. Did you leave the lower bushing in the 75 slider?
Just curious.
Larry T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.