Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've got wide whites on my softail with black highlighted mags. Whitewalls look fine with mags, however, if your mags are silver, they may not right.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tires I am thinking about are Avon Venom and they cost no more than any other tire.100/90H19 WWW AV-329 front
140/90HB16 WWW AV-344 Rear

I do have mags on my bike. If you are old enough to remember the early 60s or have seen any pictures of old Tee Bucket roadsters from that era, Many of them had wide whitewall tires with mag wheels and I thought they looked great.But thats why I am asking because I want some opinions.

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
You asked for opinions so I'll give you mine:

Wide whitewalls on a Sportster are like wide whitewalls on a '67 Corvette. Bad.

What do the first four letters in Sportster spell? Not dresser, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
sportster needs double line ww, and black skinny in front, nothing else works for me... well, maybe nice bias ply type rear tire without ww...

·
Registered
174 Posts
51rat said:
sportster needs double line ww, and black skinny in front, nothing else works for me... well, maybe nice bias ply type rear tire without ww...
no no no. Everybody likes big fat whitewalls. Tell everyone you know to run whitewalls, windshields, crash bars. Everyone is doing it...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Shit. I like whitewalls. Fuck a bunch of windshields and crashbars. What looks better than a filthy whitewall? Nothing. It shows that you have the means to compete wif da man and that you possess nothing but contempt for his pretense. Shout it from the rooftops! SEE! I got whitewalls, too! You golf shirt wearin, mall shoppin with your wife, testicle free fuckstick! I bought your shit and I fucked it up just because I can! In your face, Kemo-fucking-Sabe!

By some whitewalls, bitch.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
******* Smooth said:
Who makes them and are they expensive? Do you have mags? My '83 XLX has mags and I don't think it would look right with mags...
I have an 04 roadster and run maxxis whitewalls, plenty wide and look good on it. Has the retro black and cream paint

·
Registered
436 Posts
laughing my ass off

Rythemean said:
Shit. I like whitewalls. Fuck a bunch of windshields and crashbars. What looks better than a filthy whitewall? Nothing. It shows that you have the means to compete wif da man and that you possess nothing but contempt for his pretense. Shout it from the rooftops! SEE! I got whitewalls, too! You golf shirt wearin, mall shoppin with your wife, testicle free fuckstick! I bought your shit and I fucked it up just because I can! In your face, Kemo-fucking-Sabe!

By some whitewalls, bitch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts