Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rigid and I have a new wide 2 under wide springer. I really like the looks of the wide glide. Wondering about the performance of the tubes vs. springer. Any input? I will be running a narrow 21" wheel and tubes will be 2"-3" under.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Springers look cool, thats all!! If your building a low quick big inch type bike use a wideglide, the performance is light years ahead of springs & sticks!!! But they look cool!!!!!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I agree, it kinda comes down to a "look" thing. I'm into long bikes, and while a Springer would look cooler, the WG gives a better ride. Now with that said, I'm speaking of a Paughco, Columbus, or DNA springers (and afew old ones I never found out who made), thats al lI have had expieriece with. I'm sure a Sugar Bear springer would give a better ride on a long bike.

Sixball

·
Registered
273 Posts
For rakes under 45 degrees, I agree, glide for ride, springer for looks.

However, for rakes greater than 45 degrees, the glide begins to 'not work' and a springer would be better. http://www.chopperhandbook.com/rockers.htm

I have no experience with this, ha ha. I just read it on the internet over the years.

I do have a stock length narrow glide and a +2 springer, and the narrow glide performs, but the springer has the looks.

Two cents.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Everyones saying the springer has the looks.Ive always loved the look of a wide glide with a skinny tire.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the looks of the springer. But like the wg better. Might just find the glige and put the springer in the corner just in case. Hate tieing up 700 smakers in the corner though. Really appreciate the input.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts