Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of Wide Glide forks from ebay.
They are 41mm,and are dual disc.
Numbers I can find:

Inside the bottom tree:
S-81
45674 80

Inside the top tree:
50120 60

Any idea what they originally came from the factory on?

I'm going to need to do a complete rebuild on them,so where will I find out how to accomplish this?Factory manual,or somewhere else?
Also going to get some extended forks from Frank's,as these are going on a full chopper frame.

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
My guess would be late shovel FLH. But photos would confirm my guess, at being correct or not.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Any shovel service manual will tell you how to disassemble. 41mm forks are all similar, internally almost exactly the same. The differences are in the brake anchors. Seals are all the same as are the forks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again for all the replies.
Guess I'll hit ebay again and see about a manual.

fxs-the system says you don't accept PM's.
I don't have anything but what is in the pics,so yeah,I'll need calipers,pads,and an axle for sure.

Is there supposed to be some sort of top plate covering up the bottom tree?Seems kind of odd to be able to see down into it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did at one point ask Jason about the "over" range of forks that would work,and he said 12 to 14 inches,depending.
Will the fact that these trees have 3 degrees already,affect this much?
I'm guessing (never having done this) that I should get a rear wheel and tire mounted,get the motor installed,and also the triple trees.
Then use some sort of pipe as a temporary extension,and mock up the wheel/tire/front end to see exactly how long the fork extensions will need to be.
Probably should check the trail when I get it where I like it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.