Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as we all know, they dont inspect shit here...

do we have to have inspection with an MSO>?

i wanna get a rigid frame for my shov, i dont wanna cut up the swingarm, i like hte looks, and wanna have this bike for a LONG time, might switch back one day... plus wanna keep that with the original title...

anyways, gonna get a pauchgo over winter, will titling be a pain? i dont wanna have to run turn signals and shit for an inspection, fuck that shit.. i imagine its the same as everything else here, just title at DMV and ride the bitch.. let me know./

THANKS!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
contact your local DMV, I'm sure they can answer your questions. Maybe you could find the info you seek online, but that might require some effort on your part

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
way to be an ass, i have already searched all the dmv sites i could find online, and with all the guys here, i thought someone might know, like mcotie and his flyrite...

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
51rat said:
way to be an ass, i have already searched all the dmv sites i could find online, and with all the guys here, i thought someone might know, like mcotie and his flyrite...
Try the Wisconsin Secretary of State office and you didn't mention you already searched the dmv sites and yeah, I'm an ass like that.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I also meant to tell you in my PM. I ordered my Flyrite with all of the mecessary "safety" stuff on there like turn sigs horn and shit. To make my registration easier. well it's all off now; bare bones like it should be. Once it's registered I guess it's legal unless they really want to look into it.
I got pulled over by a local cop recently and he kindly told me my tail light was out but my brake light was still good (following me for a bit. cool guy I guess) but he had to tell me my liscense plate off of my Sparto was too horizontal and I needed to fix it. That was it. no ticket. He could have ripped my shit apart with no turn sigs, no mufflers, and no horn because it is a '05. I think the majority of them don't give a shit. around here anyway.

mitch

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes. If you get a MSO registered and titled you will have to do a safety inspection. As you already know, you could just put the new frame under it and run it - and you will probably never get hassled in Wis. But if you ride it to an "event" like sturgis, and the local cops run the frame MSO numbers, they will come back as not registered and they will impound your bike - at least till you can prove that you own the frame legally.
An option would be to get an old harley rigid frame with no numbers on it and modify it to the specs you want. This would be legal everywhere, and any cop who is going to be impounding bikes at an event "should" know that.

good luck

brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts