Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
round or hex oil tanks in bare steel?

things are like $120+ new... $10 in materials ... i really wish i had the time, but with my hot rod project i acnt get to shit like taht now, so im forced to look to buy one... and i wish someone here made a cool one i could just prime and paint... saves the hassle of chroming, unless ofcourse hte chrome was a good price, ehehe...

just asking...

were probably all just too busy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ten bucks in material and time.......Your shop rate is cheap. I made mine and to be honest, i wouldn't do it again for less than 120.00.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahaha, typo.. meant materials, LOL

·
Registered
936 Posts
51rat said:
round or hex oil tanks in bare steel?

things are like $120+ new... $10 in materials and time... i really wish i had the time, but with my hot rod project i acnt get to shit like taht now, so im forced to look to buy one... and i wish someone here made a cool one i could just prime and paint... saves the hassle of chroming, unless ofcourse hte chrome was a good price, ehehe...

just asking...

were probably all just too busy
Actually, I'll be doing one for a friend of mine as soon as I get a new Tig set-up. Was planning on offering up to friends for decent price, when I can, after that. Have a oplan to even make a jig to [ut in my shop press to press out the end pieces.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would rather buy from someone here... know what i mean?? support the lil guy!!!!

i just dont know of anyone cool that makes em.. fab kevin does, and quality is CRAZY, but its like 1/10th the budget of the bike, LOL...

copperbobber is supposed to get back to me, maybe he will!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hatch said:
I am making some that I sell for ten bucks....nice shade of blue with vintage log on em....Maxwell House.
hahaahhaa, i obviously dont think i can get one for cheap at all, i know i gotta spend, just wondering why noone here makes em really.. i would like to see pics of those that do!

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
51rat said:
hahaahhaa, i obviously dont think i can get one for cheap at all, i know i gotta spend, just wondering why noone here makes em really.. i would like to see pics of those that do!
Heres one.

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
for one to have a custom made oil tank different from everybody else you are talking manual labor now...I don't make any mild steel tanks period...I go for quality materials...I am doing a run of oil tanks now in Stainless Steel and Aluminum waiting for my tank bungs to come back from the machine shop...more then 10 bux in materials there...not to mention the Stainless Steel that has been laser cut and bent manually...see where this is going now...now we have to weld in the bungs and weld the tank together then it gets ground, then sanded in 80, 180, 320, wet sanded 400, 600, manually again and finally stand if front of the buffer for a couple hours...120 bux how many you want parts for?? That won't even cover the parts...I sell mine for 450 and that is cheap when you figure all of the labor that is involved...here's some pics of one that I made for my Shovel Chop..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
got one here at Four Aces Cycle. Probably not as good a quality as Trent's but engineered to fit an all 650 Triumphs with no welding. Two brackets welded to the tank to drill holes and bolt it to the frame. Somewhat Mass produced at 20 or so units each run. $200 in raw and $250 in chrome steel. Nice cap included but filter/fitting is an extra $20. mail me [email protected] for a pic as i am too retarded to shrink it down to fit here. . .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts