Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dudes,

I was driving up to the gas station to air up the tires and grab a can of dipper and was filling the tires when Wham!!!!

This ranger truck pull out and a guy on a crotch rocket t-bones the truck...fuckin' truck didnt see him when he pulled out. The bike guy was so in shock he got up and walker over to sit on the curb. His leg was flopping around (major fracture) and he had blood comming done his nose (concusion). But another guy came over who was a firefighter and had a direct link to 911 so we didnt have to wait. They were there within 5 minutes and he was taken care off. It freaked me out big time man....So be carefull out there guys...nobody see's us out there on the road...

·
Registered
936 Posts
I thought you were going to say that some guy hit your bike while at the pump. That sucks though. AT least, help came post haste.

A friend of mine's brother had a kickass Ducati, that this dude after just walking out of the building right past the bike, and backing out of his space still hit the bike in its own space. Bent the frame and screwed a whole bunch of custom stuff he made for the bike.

Its a car eat bike world, time to give it some food poisoning.

·
Registered
504 Posts
yeah, it's too bad that cars became more popular over history.

bikes used to be more popular like in asia now.

but NOOOO, 4 ton SUV's with 18 year old girls driving them while on the cell phone are what became popular so we are screwed when we ride bikes.

·
Registered
360 Posts
snortonnorton said:
but NOOOO, 4 ton SUV's with 18 year old girls driving them while on the cell phone are what became popular so we are screwed when we ride bikes.
Yeah it's getting pretty scary to be out on two wheels. It also sucks living in a tourist area. If their not on the phone or eating McD's or beating their kids, their gaizing at the horse and buggies!!! Ken

·
Registered
56 Posts
A Few months ago some African kid turned his Toyota right in front of me and I had nowhere else to go but down. I had just turned the corner and was accelerating down the street and he turned left in front of me, crossing my lane to enter the gas station on the corner to get something to drink. When I approached him, blood dripping down my arm, leg, and back, he said, in very broken english, that he had no idea what he had done. It only cost me forty bucks to fix my scoot ( bent bars and tweaked neck bearings ) and I didn't have to go to the hospital, so I was very lucky, but it still scared the shit out of me. Then, two nights ago, I was coming back from the store, and coming up to an intersection where I had a green light and some fat twat pulled her S-10 right out in front of me. If I hadn't seen her and slowed down, I would have run right into the side of that piece of shit. She pulled over and I stopped, she said sorry, and I asked if she was fuckin' blind and she got all shitty with me. I told her that's how people get fuckin' killed and called her a stupid bitch and left. Again, I was lucky.

On the other side of the coin, a friend of mine was leaving work a few years back and was heading up the street when an old man crossed his lane turning left. My friend tried to dodge it but was too close to get out of the way and the bumper of the van tore his leg off. His leg was hanging below the knee by less than two inches of skin and the bones were crushed. Many, many expensive surgeries later and after several years, he still has his leg and still even rides, but the EMT told him that if they had made it to him two minutes later, he would have died from blood loss. His leg looks fucked, they used muscles from his back, skin from all over his body and bone grafts from his ribs, along with plates and screws galore, but at least he can walk.

Another friend was driving down the street when a car pulled out in front of him and he smashed into the side of the car and went asshole-over-elboes over it, breaking his jaw, both arms, several ribs, etc. Again, he survived, but he hardly even looks like the same guy, his face got so fucked up.

And recently, my buddy Mark was telling me about driving down the road last Father's Day and seeing a car turn in front of two young women on a crotch rocket and they smashed into him and went over the car and got really smashed up. Broken legs, and broken arms, noses, etc., and the asshole and his Mom both tried to blame the accident on the girls. " My son was trying to turn left and those girls just slammed into him. " What a fucking cunt. The guy tried to tell his insurance that the girl pulled out of a side street and hit him while he was going straight. My buddy put his name down as a witness. They called him and he set the record straight.

So, yeah. People suck, and hardly anyone pays attention to anything not in their tiny little bubble they exist in. Every day I think how great it would be if they'd only give licenses to people who know how to drive. It'd make my daily commute a lot easier.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I don't really care what people say about loud pipes, but they saved my ass more than my horn ever would have been able too. I lay off the gas, get her to exhaust pop, and people get so freaked they freeze.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
There also was a time when everyone driving cars was scared shitless of motorcycles/Riders. Everyone has softened up and car drivers have nothing to fear.

All I can say is I am glad I have never been taken out by a car.

-Jason

·
Registered
773 Posts
ol_scratch said:
I don't really care what people say about loud pipes, but they saved my ass more than my horn ever would have been able too. I lay off the gas, get her to exhaust pop, and people get so freaked they freeze.
Had a couple stoned landscapers pull right out in front of me on a busy street one day in a busted up pick-up loaded with shit. Just rolled right on to the street...didn't even stop at the stop sign. So instead of slamming on the brakes and sliding, i swerved around the driver, pulled the clutch as i went by and gave him an earful of full throttle. He yanked the wheel so hard away from me that he almost jumped the curb. I slowed down to give em some shit, but they stopped and just sat there...haha.
Fuckin idiots.

I try to ride with the assumption that everyone is a moron and out to kill me. Not too far from the truth...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Ryno said:
I try to ride with the assumption that everyone is a moron and out to kill me. Not too far from the truth...
I do the same, its a good tactic to survival.

One day I was riding my old Honda cafe. It was rainy and I was going too fast. Rich bitch lady on my tail. I round a corner, feel the wheels giving way. As the bike goes down I swing my leg up, and literally surf the bike down the road on its side. Now viewing this from a rather close proximity behind, prods the lady not a bit to back off or slow. In fact I look back to make sure see doesn't hit me, and she's sitting there cursing at me. Then she guns her car and goes around me.

Its like that old Bugs Bunny episode - "AAAGGGHHHHH.......PEEeeeOoooPLE!!!!!"

·
Registered
179 Posts
A buddy ( mellowest guy ya want to meet and bike guy) just about gets slammed by a chick rabbiting out of a corner gas station to beat the light but changes her mind and locks up her car ...

He is in his '57 GMC NAPCO panel that he has Just finished restoring to the tune of close ta 20k .... So his panel is side ways so he doesn't slammer her ... Slams his son up on the dash cuz he hasn't installed the belts yet (dumb on his part) ...

So pissed jumps out and goes up to her window sez what the Hell are you doing ... She tells him ta Fuck himself and a few other things ... He flames and smacks her door and dents it .... Sooooo she calls the Cops ... Sez he hit her! ... not a mark on her... Cops take her work .... no witnesses ... He spends the night in the can .... Now he is looking at a 5K lawyer to start and they added 3 extra bullshit charges ....

Point of the story ... ain't like the ol' days where ya pay for the door and get your Pee-Pee slapped .....

Frigging PC world .....

·
Registered
7,257 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
That was a very cool story!
Dragon said:

here's a good read - by my bud Weyland in Lauderdale, about getting hit a year ago ..

my favorite part is where "I watched in disbeliel as he fell down facefirst .. and kept falling down again & again until breaking his arm in 2 places" .. (the driver)

http://varangiankindred.org/weyland/again.html

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dipper is "chew"...yeah I know its gross, but its what I do in the garage when wrenching since I dont drink, smoke, etc. A big dipper will knock you on your ass...hehehe, kinda a hick thing...hehehe

·
Registered
165 Posts
Dragon said:
here's a good read - by my bud Weyland in Lauderdale, about getting hit a year ago ..
my favorite part is where "I watched in disbeliel as he fell down facefirst .. and kept falling down again & again until breaking his arm in 2 places" .. (the driver)

http://varangiankindred.org/weyland/again.html..
Heh. I'd forgotten that was there... :)
By chance I bumped into one of the
cops that showed up to the scene, last Friday.

We got to bullshitting, and he finally confided -
"Yeah, we knew you beat the crap outta him, but it definitely *was*
his fault, we were tired of seeing things like that, and you looked a little
too pissed to fuck with, even with your arm hanging down like that..."
I never admitted to anything, but I couldn't hide the smiles...

Now don't make me drag out the Hunting shots, D.
:)

Best,

Weyland

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Re: In his intro he said :

Weyland said:
Now don't make me drag out the Hunting shots, D.
:)

Best,

Weyland
best I recall he said .. " I make my own parts and sometimes make stuff for other folks .. "

hell ..

he makes SERious edged weaponry, takes to the woods, & only spares bambi 'cause he's lookin for somethin bigger than the dam truck ..

allow me, Brother ..

aint gonna be pissin mr Weyland off ..

D ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have been down once REAL bad, and I assume EVERY car is trying to kill me. That is the way to stay on two wheels.

Crashin' sucks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts