Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
i had some ideas about a Holly 94.. but that seems like a bit much.. CFM that is.

·
Registered
263 Posts
There was a thread about this on the fuck! board. Everyone said they ran like total shit and it was a terrible idea. If you want a car carb on your bike, why not buy a cheapo SU at a swapmeet and convert it for bike use, or you could get real weird and get an old side draft model A or winfield pot.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kyle said:
There was a thread about this on the fuck! board. Everyone said they ran like total shit and it was a terrible idea. If you want a car carb on your bike, why not buy a cheapo SU at a swapmeet and convert it for bike use, or you could get real weird and get an old side draft model A or winfield pot.
Well, I have a few spare 97's...and I like the look of a downdraft. My plan was to run 3.5's and cut the manifold inb tight, recess the air cleaner in the the tank side.
Anyway, I'll search on the other board for those threads...I heard they were not that much different than an 'E' type. I need to do the research on the flow rates, maybe look at some smaller Ford carbs.....my post was to shortcut the research and take the easy way out.

·
Registered
200 Posts
345window said:
Well, I have a few spare 97's...and I like the look of a downdraft. My plan was to run 3.5's and cut the manifold inb tight, recess the air cleaner in the the tank side.
Anyway, I'll search on the other board for those threads...I heard they were not that much different than an 'E' type. I need to do the research on the flow rates, maybe look at some smaller Ford carbs.....my post was to shortcut the research and take the easy way out.
Maybe try an 81 from a V8-60? They're a little smaller than the 97's... or if you need to go bigger try a 48. Hopefully I'm not telling you something you already know.

Strombergs are getting too expensive to play with... cheapest I can find a core anymore is for $60 at Hershey. They were half that just a few years ago. You said you already have yours though.

Ed

·
Registered
246 Posts
there was a guy running around stugis this year with 3 strombergs.
the bike ran so I figure he was just running one

I am sure there are pics of it on some web sites
but I dont have any more info at this time

·
Registered
199 Posts
labelkills said:
there was a guy running around stugis this year with 3 strombergs.
the bike ran so I figure he was just running one

I am sure there are pics of it on some web sites
but I dont have any more info at this time
Was that the god awful Duece bike, kinda a cream color with fins everywere? Oh and the grill shell in the frame......
-Jesse

·
Registered
70 Posts
This sounds interesting, does anyone have a link to the post on the FUCK! board? or a link to the FUCK! board so i can look for it? but without knowing how well it works I would ask why? 97's are so expensive. the only reason I would ever use them is if I was building a period hot rod and even then I would opt for cheaper 94's.

·
Registered
263 Posts
TIBB said:
This sounds interesting, does anyone have a link to the post on the FUCK! board? or a link to the FUCK! board so i can look for it? but without knowing how well it works I would ask why? 97's are so expensive. the only reason I would ever use them is if I was building a period hot rod and even then I would opt for cheaper 94's.
Just go to Choppersandpunkrock.com and search the backpages, you should be able to find it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts