Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
That bike looks like something Bob Appleton would build. He was from Kentucky or Tennessee and had a GM dealership. He was a Daytona regular for many years in the 70s.
Hank

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hilarious! Not our bars but sure the right look. We did sell a gladiator style helmet kit back in the day. It was all fucked up looking, like these.

By the way for AEE fans I have begun a project to scan in all the parts from the catalogs to my website. Part for enjoyment at old school stuff and so we can all buy and sell the real deal. It's going to take a while so hang on but it should be worthwhile.

·
Registered
820 Posts
got half the 69 AEE catalog scanned last night. I happen to have an absolutely pristine copy so they are coming out great. Laughed my ass off at the prices and some of the goofy shit...however out of all the goofy shit done in the 60's/70's came some great bikes and styles. Even the square pipes on the 750 above scream innovation even if he needs a square tube springer instead of the twisted to make it look right. Then again I never understood the whole twisted thing, always thought it looked like part of somebody's wrought iron fence or something.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.