Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice sunny day here in GA, so it was time to get the Ironhead out for a few hours and let her breathe. For all you dudes up north, I enjoyed being out riding for ya!:D

·
Registered
391 Posts
hate to burst your bubble, but im from up north and was riding my ironhead today haha. It felt so good to be cruising around, I'm not looking forward to the ride home from work with the sun down..

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hate to burst your bubble, but im from up north and was riding my ironhead today haha. It felt so good to be cruising around, I'm not looking forward to the ride home from work with the sun down..
Right on man. It was in the 60's here today. Maybe I should've said for all the dudes with snow on the road. Bundle up!!!!:D

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Worked on one of mine. Plus, unwrapped some new 65 XLCH motor parts that USPS delivered. Then finished pulling the primary off a 65 FLH for gaskets, sprocket and servicing. And it was perfect riding weather here too. Just to darn busy to get a ride in. There is always tomorrow.

James, looking good. How do you start that thing, with no choke to pull??

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Worked on one of mine. Plus, unwrapped some new 65 XLCH motor parts that USPS delivered. Then finished pulling the primary off a 65 FLH for gaskets, sprocket and servicing. And it was perfect riding weather here too. Just to darn busy to get a ride in. There is always tomorrow.

James, looking good. How do you start that thing, with no choke to pull??
Running a S&S Super B. Sucker hangs off the right side like a stovepipe with a hat on! I took the choke cable off when I changed from the Bendix to the carb that's on it 20 some years ago. The B is probably not the best carb ever put on an Ironhead, but I got used to no accelerator pump waaaay back when.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.