Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a VL spinger the other day but the longer I look at it the more work I'm goign to need to do to it. All in all its complete just rustly L.A.M.F. The front legs are fine but the reat leg has some parts on the (bare with me on the description) "I" part fo the I beam that look to have just rusted away. This looks inturn, like it would weaken the structural rigidity(sp?) of the front end. So......who out there does repairs to these front ends?
I'll try to get some pics up later.....

·
Registered
427 Posts
justjeff said:
I bought a VL spinger the other day but the longer I look at it the more work I'm goign to need to do to it. All in all its complete just rustly L.A.M.F. The front legs are fine but the reat leg has some parts on the (bare with me on the description) "I" part fo the I beam that look to have just rusted away. This looks inturn, like it would weaken the structural rigidity(sp?) of the front end. So......who out there does repairs to these front ends?
I'll try to get some pics up later.....
That is odd...I've seen alot of VL springers the past 4 or so months on ebay and mostly all were pretty dam good shape...it must of been layin in the weeds somewhere in moisture to rust out like your explaining, they are tough as nails...that is forged steel so repair is no problem but I think the cost it would take to blast the frontend grind all the crap out where it is rusted I would probably shit can it and find a rear leg on ebay...don't get me wrong in all likely hood it can be repaired depending where the rust out is...is it accessible?? post a picture of it close up and somebody here can help ya out...later Chaz

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YEah I'm pretty sure it was lying some where damp. The area is very accessible, adn really shouldnt be a problem or hassle to repair.

Bass, I got your number, I'll give you a shout today or tomorrow...
Chopper Chaz said:
That is odd...I've seen alot of VL springers the past 4 or so months on ebay and mostly all were pretty dam good shape...it must of been layin in the weeds somewhere in moisture to rust out like your explaining, they are tough as nails...that is forged steel so repair is no problem but I think the cost it would take to blast the frontend grind all the crap out where it is rusted I would probably shit can it and find a rear leg on ebay...don't get me wrong in all likely hood it can be repaired depending where the rust out is...is it accessible?? post a picture of it close up and somebody here can help ya out...later Chaz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.