Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am going to the Davenport swap meet.
Can someone recomend a place to stay, good resturants and a place go out and get a beer or three ?

·
Registered
439 Posts
There is a raddison on the river i use to stay at for work that was very nice and in the center of davenport, not much going on in that town cool little bar walking distance out the front of hotel forget the name but not bad at all and a little micro brew bar behind the hotel if its still there.

·
Banned
700 Posts
Folks,

Usefull information about the Davenport AMCA Meet can be found at http://www.chiefblackhawk.org/

Fine food and drink are within walking distance from the fairgrounds, although crossing the traffic can be a task.
The Chinese-buffet restaurant was delightful, although I have missed it in recent years. With luck, it is still there.
On the grounds, the food pavilion's breakfast outshines the McD's across the street easily.
A good watering hole is also close by, but the name escapes me as I haven't made it there, so far...

Campers are expected to pay at the groundsmaster, however I have space under my booth canopy for those who may roll in with bedrolls.

Weather is usually hot and humid, with occasionally devastating rain.

.....Cotten
PS: Please remember that Thursday and Friday are the big days, culminating in the evening races. Many vendors pack out by early afternoon on Saturday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts