Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I bet you guys get these posts all the time, so one more won't hurt. ;)
I guess I'll start with an intro. I'm from austin tx and started riding moto X when i was 8, when i was 12 my dad left so if i wanted to ride i had to learn to fix my own bike. I had a crotch rocket when i was 16 until i was 20 and haven't owned another bike since. I'm now 30 and looking for some direction and it seems like you guys know what your talking about.
I've got a picture of the style (bobber) I'd like to go in. I don't care about brand names so it might as well be a brit or jap bike since it will be my first. I've got a couple of grand to start with and I can invest more and more every month. I've got a nice set of tools, I don't know how to weld but my future father in law does so i could get some help.
I have been keeping on top of craig's list for a triumph that isn't in great shape and have found a few, the cheap ones go fast. I've been looking at triumphs most because i've been told i can slap on a bolt-on hard tail real easy and you can buy a lot of pre-modded parts for them. Is that the case? Anyhow, just wanted to get some input on where i should start.

BTW - this bike is way nicer than i would expect mine to be.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
ATX why dont you get in touch with Texas Truck he just posted a brit chop for sale Maybe a deal could be STRUCK?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts