Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so sick of my lights sometimes goin dim even while riding on my ironhead , so got a capacitor (i checked EVERYTHING else, so i know its just the low rpms makin it dim).... cops dont dig it, so i need to fix this...

where in the wiring do i put it? i would think just to wire it up in line with the power, but wtf do i know??? lol

i cant even remember which post on the regulator does what, LOL..

so if you can remember that, i think far left is ground, far right power in... do i remember it wrong??

THANKS GUYS!!!!!

i need to get to work on this triumph soon, got 2 weeks EXACTLY from today to get r done.. or rideable atleast....

who has an oil tank for sale?

or a cheap solo and pillon... ?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no ignition no battery... just a flip switch. that only goes from the mag to ground to kill the bike...

ive seen em mounted off the regulator... hmm.... maybe it was before the regulator...

anyone else?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Off your reg. hot wire to your lights and you need a switch otherwse it won't store energy .
And it is not going to help that much with dimming lights . it just stores energy like for starting but you don't have to worry since you have a mag .

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
idk, everyone says i should try runnin one to see if it helps, if it stores energy for when bike needs it (yes i understand how they work hahhaa), i dont see how it wouldnt help some with the lights, or atleast stop them from cuttin off...

maybe i AM an idiot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts