Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what sites you guys order cheap parts from, keep in mind that i'm in canada and i don't want to pay alot for shipping (j&p wanted $15 shipping for a $12 ignition switch) i also don't have a pay pal account so ebay isn't always an option

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unfortunately there's no shops in my area,my dads says there hasen't been any since the mid 80's, and the only swap meet is once a year and is so small you could stand at one end, piss, and hit the other end

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey Kydd....Try Waldrige Cycle...he is just around the corner from you...also British Cycle, another Canadian Co...both have websites....shipping from Brit Cycle gets pricey so combine orders...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'll second Waldrige...not to mention my friends at Brit Cycle Supply too. You may be able to find some things at partsnmore.com as well, they are mainly Japanese, but have a Canadian distributor in Ont.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
i forgot to mention that i'm looking for chopper parts more then stock replacement, i like the stuff on lowbrow but they haven't been restocking lately
Haha, sorry it isn't that we aren't always trying! So many parts are made by one small shop, or even one individual. Some items we can keep in stock all the time, others arrive in such small batches that they are out of stock more than they are in. Believe me though if something isn't in, it is always on order or in production.

Tyler

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm not endorsing PayPal, but opening an account is easy, and it would open up alot of avenue's as far as buying used parts on Ebay. Yeah, it sucks, but sometimes it's the only option.

Sixball

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha, sorry it isn't that we aren't always trying! So many parts are made by one small shop, or even one individual. Some items we can keep in stock all the time, others arrive in such small batches that they are out of stock more than they are in. Believe me though if something isn't in, it is always on order or in production.

Tyler
i hope you didn't take this the wrong way, i wasn't bitching about your shop. i just wanted to give an example of parts i'm looking for

·
Registered
272 Posts
You think that's bad mate? I needed to get a Master Rebuild kit from S&S for an L Series. Fifty Dollar Kit. Weighs less than half a pound. 126 Dollars Shipping. How that works I just plain don't know.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'll second Waldrige...not to mention my friends at Brit Cycle Supply too. You may be able to find some things at partsnmore.com as well, they are mainly Japanese, but have a Canadian distributor in Ont.
2nd vote for partsnmore and Brit Cycle.

I have an Enfield and most parts I have to buy are from Hitchcock's in England. That really sucks when I am short a part or got the wrong part in, or forgot to order something.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have ordered a fair amount of stuff from LowBrow and The Factory Metal Works and to be honest, the shipping has been quite fair via USPS. I can even play with the shipping to see how many parts I can order before the shipping increases. British Cycle Supply is also quite good on the shipping. Lets face it, Canada is a mail order country.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts