Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've heard of gloves with a thumb and two "double" fingers. the idea seems to be that your hands will stay warmer 'cause there will be two fingers in each hole helping to keep all of them warm. sort of like a cross between mittens and gloves.

anyone know where to find them? all the bike shops around here just look at you like you have three eyes when you ask them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
atch said:
i've heard of gloves with a thumb and two "double" fingers. the idea seems to be that your hands will stay warmer 'cause there will be two fingers in each hole helping to keep all of them warm. sort of like a cross between mittens and gloves.

anyone know where to find them? all the bike shops around here just look at you like you have three eyes when you ask them.
Just ask one of Homer's mates at Moe's Bar...
Nah... just wear mittens over your gloves? I used to on long cold rides... when I was chasing a warm glove to park in...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Look up a snowboard apperal shop or company, they should have them. I bought mine here at a snowboard shop about 5 years ago and they haved worked great! I don't think you have to many shops like that in you neck of the woods. The name brand on mine are OR wich stands for outdoor research, Good luck, Gregg

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i looked all through the aerostitch website and the only 3-fingered item i found was rain gloves to go over your other gloves. did i miss something?

i've also looked through the J&P website. Fog Hollow, too.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
atch said:
i looked all through the aerostitch website and the only 3-fingered item i found was rain gloves to go over your other gloves. did i miss something?

i've also looked through the J&P website. Fog Hollow, too.
Look at Trek Bicycles and Pearl Izumi cycling clothing. Trek made them in the past and called em "Lobster gloves". In my 10 years of winter bicycle commuting, I could never get used to the feel. The Army trigger finger mittens work better. I have a pair my dad was issued with wool liners in the 1960s, I think the code is 1944 issue? Leather palm and trigger finger, canvas shell. you can wax the shell for wind resistance (beeswax) and oil the leather with neatsfoot oil.

·
Registered
617 Posts
same place I get me 3 legged jeans.:)

sorry, couldn't help it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts