Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do the guys in The Sinners get those old hot rod brake lights from?

i want one.

the round ones that say stop you see on old ford hot rods and stuff.

you can see them in their movie trailer here..... they all have one it seems.

http://www.choppertown.net/main.html

·
Registered
114 Posts
holy shit motherfucker!!!! please excuse me. I should be a better representer of the sinners. unfuckingbeliveable!!!! well truth be told not all of us have the same tail light. a few have old ford Lts. I hate fords, Im a chevy guy. I have an indian tail light. you just have to go out & find something you think is neet. please dont do it just cuz we do it. our whole point is to get people to do thier own thing, cheeply. find a cool lite off an old vacume cleaner or huffy bike.
do you know how many kooks have vintage ford & chevy lite's on thier bikes. the sinners didnt start it thats for sure. its lame. do your thing man, all on your own. sure, use others for insperation, but for gods sake use your own mind & imagineation. thats what its all about.!!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I am currently buildin a new tail lamp for mine snortin.But at this time I am using a Model A lamp that you speak of they are out there in repop try Sacramento vintage ford.The one your talkin about has duolamp stamped in it.Bout 30 bucks.Mine kept blowin bulbs from vibration so last night i went to autozone(just cause Jesse James says to):D and bought me led marker lamps hacked a part and converted it to LED.I may have to do a tech post once I know this works.Might sell this when i get my other done.Just remember what you dad always asked you "if someone else jumped off a bridge would you" well hell if its somethin cool I would.LOL

Shoe

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Well, see, it's an old Sinner tradition. You have to have somebody witness you steal one (or two if you own a rod) before you can get in. No fair going here and buying one:

http://www.taillightking.com/

That's like going to Wally World and buying lady's panties for your next requirement.

Or, if you're a puss, you can just pay $5000.00, and you get to skate the above.

Oooops! Was I supposed to talk about this stuff?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, that's cool someone from the sinners is on here.

well i am doing my own thing, I built a norton hardtail..........

I just thought your tail lights are cool and just wondered where you got them all from.

·
Registered
337 Posts
fatherfury said:
holy shit motherfucker!!!! please excuse me. I should be a better representer of the sinners. unfuckingbeliveable!!!! well truth be told not all of us have the same tail light. a few have old ford Lts. I hate fords, Im a chevy guy. I have an indian tail light. you just have to go out & find something you think is neet. please dont do it just cuz we do it. our whole point is to get people to do thier own thing, cheeply. find a cool lite off an old vacume cleaner or huffy bike.
do you know how many kooks have vintage ford & chevy lite's on thier bikes. the sinners didnt start it thats for sure. its lame. do your thing man, all on your own. sure, use others for insperation, but for gods sake use your own mind & imagineation. thats what its all about.!!!
True That!!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
G Griffin said:
Thanks man!
Old microphone from the 1940's...

G.
Well it serves me right that I missed it down there by the license plate. I didn't even get all the way to the back of your bike before I got busy going outside to set all my crap on fire and start again.

That looks smaller than a lot of the mikes of that era that I've seen but it looks great as a taillight. Did you get it from Fuller's over north of the Heights or did you scrounge it from someplace?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hah!
Mike Fuller is a friend of mine, I shop there for strings and such.
I found a source for the microphone shells, without guts.
They have all been used up, but I get them on ebay and such.
People will practially throw away a non-working mic, which is perfect for me.
I have a few now that I'm working on that are real art-deco looking.
I'll get a pic up soon.
G.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got an old 20's Dodge Brothers tail light with STOP written in the glass, has the DB on the top of it, was on my Model T roadster but I ain't gonna use it. If anyone needs it, let me know.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Squablow said:
I got an old 20's Dodge Brothers tail light with STOP written in the glass, has the DB on the top of it, was on my Model T roadster but I ain't gonna use it. If anyone needs it, let me know.
This is my '29 Dodge Bros. tail light on my Shovel.

The STOP is stamped out of 20ga sheetmetal, and is sandwiched between the lens and the ring. I wired the light so the tail lamp is on just in the bottom lens, and when you hit the brake, both the top and bottom lenses light up.

·
Registered
261 Posts
fatherfury said:
but for gods sake use your own mind & imagineation. thats what its all about.!!!
Hell yeah thats what its all about! I wanted to run one of those Model A tail lights but everyone is running those now. So I've been doing some practicing, and am currectly about to mold my own tail light out of plastic. This fuckin light is going to funny!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.