Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the other day, while riding the Duc, I noticed the chain was sounding loose. Made a mental note to tighten before the next time I ride it. So tonight I'm gonna blow off some steam. Well I just made more, because when I got down to adjust the chain, did I realize that some asslicking cunt loosened the adjuster bolt and PRYED the adjuster bracket out the back of the swing arm. How do I know they pryed? - the swingarm edge is all bent up where they pryed. WHAT THE FUCK? WHY? ANyhow, the adjuster bolt is bent to hell, the rear adjuster bracket is all buggered up, and my swingarm is bent up on the rear edge. AND I'd like to find the fucker that did it, and chain them in bathtub filled with rock salt. I suspect one of two things - Some dumbass busted his and for obscene reason he thought he might be able to steal someone elses, OR two they were being sadistic and trying to get my chain to jump the sprocket. Which they later idea pisses me off to an umpteenth degree.

Sorry, just needed to rant.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
ol_scratch said:
...the other day, while riding the Duc, I noticed the chain was sounding loose. Made a mental note to tighten before the next time I ride it. So tonight I'm gonna blow off some steam. Well I just made more, because when I got down to adjust the chain, did I realize that some asslicking cunt loosened the adjuster bolt and PRYED the adjuster bracket out the back of the swing arm. How do I know they pryed? - the swingarm edge is all bent up where they pryed. WHAT THE FUCK? WHY? ANyhow, the adjuster bolt is bent to hell, the rear adjuster bracket is all buggered up, and my swingarm is bent up on the rear edge. AND I'd like to find the fucker that did it, and chain them in bathtub filled with rock salt. I suspect one of two things - Some dumbass busted his and for obscene reason he thought he might be able to steal someone elses, OR two they were being sadistic and trying to get my chain to jump the sprocket. Which they later idea pisses me off to an umpteenth degree.

Sorry, just needed to rant.
Messin with someone's ride like that ALWAYS brings bad karma - the dude probably got run over by an 18 wheeler at the next light. Glad you are OK.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Reminds me of a story in the paper back in the early 90's. Some New Zealand guy had his bike stolen 3 times and each time the insurance company had come good. Problem was, after the 3rd time he couldn't get insurance. So he took matters into his own hands and welded a spark plug into the bottom of his fuel tank. When he got somewhere he'd pull a lead off one of his spark plugs and pop it onto the one in his tank whilst he was inside.

He was at a bar one night having a beer while his bike was parked outside in the carpark when all of a sudden there was an explosion in the carpark. He had just been sentenced for man slaughter when the newspaper was written. I've got no idea if he's still doin time.

Way I figure it though, there's one less piece of shit bike stealer in the world thanks to him!!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
rigidshovel said:
Reminds me of a story in the paper back in the early 90's. Some New Zealand guy had his bike stolen 3 times and each time the insurance company had come good. Problem was, after the 3rd time he couldn't get insurance. So he took matters into his own hands and welded a spark plug into the bottom of his fuel tank. When he got somewhere he'd pull a lead off one of his spark plugs and pop it onto the one in his tank whilst he was inside.

He was at a bar one night having a beer while his bike was parked outside in the carpark when all of a sudden there was an explosion in the carpark. He had just been sentenced for man slaughter when the newspaper was written. I've got no idea if he's still doin time.

Way I figure it though, there's one less piece of shit bike stealer in the world thanks to him!!
Sounds like urban legend stuff. I might be wrong, but fuel needs air for combustion ,and the plug on the bottom of the tank probably be fouled out.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See, I think the key is to mill a shot gun shell primer head and fab a spark plug into it. Mount the casing and reload it. Then mount it under the seat. When you get off, unplug the wire and run it back to the shell. THat way it only costs a seat and not a whole.

The gas tank thing doesn't seem plausible. Gasoline would provide too much resistance for a spark to actuate between electrodes. Hence the reason they "flood".

I get a kick out the fact that you can be prosecuted for protecting your own property. At least in the US. What a cunt of a rule.

·
Registered
162 Posts
bustedlifter said:
Sounds like urban legend stuff. I might be wrong, but fuel needs air for combustion ,and the plug on the bottom of the tank probably be fouled out.
I read it in the newspaper back in the early 90's so you'd like to think that was fairly reliable. It didn't say exactly how or where the plug was mounted so it could've towards the top or front where there's an air pocket. Go get a plug out of your bike and dangle it in the filler hole above the fuel then kick the bike over. Let's see what happens!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Tony Bones said:
I'd like to see this newspaper story.
I'd like you to see it as well. When you've developed your time machine to the point that you can travel back to the mid 90's then it was in the South Australian Advertiser as well as Ozbike magazine. Do me a favour and bring back a copy for me if you can.

Oh, get me some fuel to, it was so much cheaper back then!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
that spark plug thing aint going to work ALL too well when someone lifts your bike into a trailer and sells the parts to everyone here on ebay for a "steal"

my godfathers parents got a call one day said they need them to come to PA as their son, my godfather was in a BAD tractor trailer accident, it went off a bridge overpass and he was ejected and landed in a ramada in parking lot....

they were halfway there when he calls and says...whatcha doin for dinner...well they shit and said your supposed to be in the hospital.....he wasnt...

turns out someone stole his new peterbilt and well...a few hours later.....ended up crashing over an overpass the tractor was in literlally 4 peices, 1 chassis, 1 motor and 2 cab peices....about a few hundred feet apart....the guy skidded on his face accross a parking lot....not sure if he died or not, but my godfather PRAYED he was just able to see and hear....and prayed he was quadrapoligic so when he kicked his wheel chair over and laughed.

a few months ago my uncle mistakenly got a helicopter bill in....for like 15k. haha.

ju-ju man....its real............bad shit happens when you mess with someones ride...

·
Registered
107 Posts
had a similar situation happen to me but with a bike i was allowed to use from the shop i worked at, one of the assholes i worked with pulled the cotter pin loosened the castle nut then put the pin back in-needless to say i found it the hard way (on an off ramp!). then the jackass found out the hard way why... well you get the idea. glad you found it before riding too far!:mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts