Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im starting on mock up on my 67 bonnie chopper, out front i have a un identified mini drum on a 17in rim, on a narrow square springer, im toying with the idea of either lacing my drum to a 21 or getting a harley rim and converting to disc brakes, but what rim is narrow enough? any imput is welcome. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Ever think of using a 21" dirt bike wheel? Would save you re-lacing a rim and they are easy to find, not to mention cheap.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ever think of using a 21" dirt bike wheel? Would save you re-lacing a rim and they are easy to find, not to mention cheap.
Good call!
Some of the early 80's Honda XLs had neat little twin leading shoe brakes built into a 21 incher (watch out for the 1980 ish XL250 with the weird and wonderful 23" number fitted)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
This is a 1.60X21" suzuki .You will have to get Buchanan to make you a set of spokes to fit the mini drum.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Here's a few pics for inspiration...first one is the whole dirt bike front end on a side valve triumph, the second is the wheel alone grafted to the springer on a BSA. Both wheels are Yamaha 21".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts