Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not sure if this a question that can be just "answered" but i figure ill give it a shot anyway.

i have a early 70's triumph conical rear hub. i need to match it to a harley style 16" wheel. my question is, do i have to send the hub out to be set into the wheel, or, hopefully, is there a spoke kit that i can purchase that will just work.

im trying not to have the wheel sent out due to time issues, id like to have a rolling chassis in 2 weeks or less. so i was hoping there would just be a set of spokes that will solve my problem.

thanks for forgiving my ignorance. . .

·
Registered
306 Posts
I am not sure exactly what your hub looks like but I was able to lace my Triumph rear hub to a 16 inch Harley wheel with a spoke kit I grabbed off of Ebay. Try going on Ebay and type in motorcycle spokes and see what pops up. The set I bought stated that they were specifically for converting Triumph hubs to fit a Harley rim. Hope this helps ya!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flyinsolo71 said:
I am not sure exactly what your hub looks like but I was able to lace my Triumph rear hub to a 16 inch Harley wheel with a spoke kit I grabbed off of Ebay. Try going on Ebay and type in motorcycle spokes and see what pops up. The set I bought stated that they were specifically for converting Triumph hubs to fit a Harley rim. Hope this helps ya!
ya thatd be exactly what i need. thanks a lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I plan on doing the same thing with my 73' tiger rear wheel that also has a conical hub. I have yet to find a spoke kit to lace it ti a 16'' h-d wheel. Let me know if you find one , as I will also let you know what I find.thanx

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BlueCollarBike said:
I plan on doing the same thing with my 73' tiger rear wheel that also has a conical hub. I have yet to find a spoke kit to lace it ti a 16'' h-d wheel. Let me know if you find one , as I will also let you know what I find.thanx
i called east coast wheel in NJ, they are making me a spoke set and sending a rim with it. should be here early this week, ill post updates if infact it works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts