Jockey Journal Forum banner

whats your favorite case seal?

3K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  dankchoppa 
#1 ·
what are you guys sealing your cases with?

-Rob

#6 ·
I believe ThreeBond does make all those. I heard this also. Couldn't find just the ThreeBond here for some reason and it was easier just to drive over to the Yamaha store by my house anyway.
caffeine said:
found this while searching myself.
"I do believe Yama-suzuki-kawa-ducati-bond is all made by ThreeBond and is the same product as ThreeBond 1104 except maybe for colour. I use 1104 for all sealing purposes and have never had a leak."

any truth to that?

#10 ·
caffeine said:
"I do believe Yama-suzuki-kawa-ducati-bond is all made by ThreeBond and is the same product as ThreeBond 1104 except maybe for colour. I use 1104 for all sealing purposes and have never had a leak."

any truth to that?
I believe that to be true. They appear to be identical.

I use Threebond 1104 on cases most times.

I just tried Loctite 518, which I have been using for almost everything else for a few years, on my pan cases. We'll see how it compares.

jason

#14 ·
I like the Valco stuff....but can't remember for the life of me what it's called.Grey tube with red lettering.That was 2 years ago.Also,for a positive must not leak whatsoever kinda seal,Caterpillar (CAT Diesel) makes CAT gasket cement.Let it tack up,and you can pretty much attatch that 500 lb. oil pan to the block with no bolts.Use with caution though,or you will destroy your pristine Trump cover,BBC oil pan,Hemi valve covers or whatever.The shit is great,albeit expensive----and should be used wisely on auto and bike applications.By that I mean a very thin film.Use it on your lawn mower or your buds Ford first.

You could also do the fresh egg or pepper seal too_Oh wait....that's for the radiator---------in derby cars.

Jimmy D

#19 ·
Has anybody here used dental floss as a case seal?

I friend of mine, with the cleanest chopper i've ever seen, uses it, and swears by it. His shit doesn't leak a drop.

When I put my engine together I got too scared to seal it with fuckin' dental floss...and used yamabond. It works excellent. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

#22 · (Edited)
caffiene, at all the shops i've worked at we have used Yamabond or tribond brand case sealer as it remians slightly flexible, i have used this on everything from hd to triumphs to dirtbikes=works awesome, it is a very light grey in color and the excess that squeazes out from between the cases can be trimmed off easily after it cures overnight is best. i purchased it last at a local drag bike shop FMT=or any reputable shop should carry it, if you can't get it contact me, i'll send ya tube. hope this helps...........later! Dave Lamb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.