Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
richard cranium said:
this is probably a simple question to most on this board, but what's interchangeable between 500cc and 650cc triumphs? inquiring minds would like to know...

thx
ed
front ends and wheels can be made to work...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truth said:
are you talking engine parts or just ANY parts?
i see a lot of 500 cc parts bikes for sale at very affordable prices. i would like to know what parts would be usable on the larger bike, or even what larger bike parts would be useable on the smaller bike. are the frames the same? if not, will a 650 fit into a 500 frame and vice-versa? questions like that.

are you headed to the road agents show next saturday? i sold you a set of f-1 ford rims there last year...

ed

·
Registered
617 Posts
richard cranium said:
i see a lot of 500 cc parts bikes for sale at very affordable prices. i would like to know what parts would be usable on the larger bike, or even what larger bike parts would be useable on the smaller bike. are the frames the same? if not, will a 650 fit into a 500 frame and vice-versa? questions like that.

are you headed to the road agents show next saturday? i sold you a set of f-1 ford rims there last year...

ed
frames wont interchange... without some some re-engineering.

not sure if Im gonna make it this year... there's a big Triumph rally the same weekend, of course... decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
146 Posts
richard cranium said:
i see a lot of 500 cc parts bikes for sale at very affordable prices.

ed
500's share more motor parts with the triple's than 650's, there's not really enough if youre starting from scratch to even think about

i think you can get a triumph parts manual cd from britbike.com that cross-references part #'s for a huge range of years if you have specific items you are looking for....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts