Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
76 1000cc sportster ::: $2000 is asking price... decent shape, rebuilt trans with new clutch leaks a lil oil (what doesnt that old), lost of custom parts... this is how guy describes it, and pics are bad, but hes like 15minutes from me.. lookin for bike for a friend..

i know JACK about harleys... what do you guys think? and what do you think of this model??????????????? possibilities? engines any good?

·
Registered
484 Posts
51rat said:
76 1000cc sportster ::: $2000 is asking price... decent shape, rebuilt trans with new clutch leaks a lil oil (what doesnt that old), lost of custom parts... this is how guy describes it, and pics are bad, but hes like 15minutes from me.. lookin for bike for a friend..

i know JACK about harleys... what do you guys think? and what do you think of this model??????????????? possibilities? engines any good?
I don't see many running ironhead Sporty's around here for $2K. If it's got a clear title, and your friend realizes he WILL have work to do, sounds like a fair price.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Just remember....sportys have always been the more abused model of HD's....so look closely when you buy it. I wouldn't buy one without seeing it in person first. If you have a friend that is knowledgeable on em....drag him along. It's nice to know what hd numbers look like also....nobody needs a hot bike.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guy is real honest, nice, older guy, its not far from me... we just dont know enough about harleys.. all i know is its an ironhead, LOL.. and its UGLY, wierd as heck... but it wuold get stripped down, and i have heard these motors arent teh best, in fact i hear they are nothing but trouble, but MAN do i LOVE the look!!!! guy has a newer bike he just got taht makes him have to get rid of this... idk guys... i just dont nkow enough about harleys, but it wouldnt hurt to get it and store it til we get time.. wish i had the dough!!! my friend might end up with a nice lil project!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts