Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm walking in to the office today. This guy spots my Triumph t-shirt and asks me if it's an old Triumph or a new one. I told him I have a '70 Bonnie project in a box. He tells me about the bike he'd like to sell. Says it's a '70 Daytona. All original, never been apart. Said it's filthy from being stored so long but it's all there. I asked him what he wanted for it. He says he'd ask $2000.

My question for the experts here is what's it really worth? I know, I know, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. Two grand didn't sound too bad to me, especially if he can be talked down a bit. I just don't know what Daytona's are bringing these days. So whatcha think?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Does it run? Does it have a title? All come in to play. You can get a pretty idea of what these things bring by watching ebay auctions. For $2k I would want a running bike with EVERYTHING there and a title.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
2k is good for one that is dead nuts, but filthy. I would want it to turn over and have good compression for 2K. if it is apart, or the top end is off or the tank is off I would go to $1500. Any more parts missing and it goes down from there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
if you're not absoulutely in the market fot that bike but you still kinda want it i'd tell him

"i've got $1100 take it or leave it."

running or not, i wouldn't pay more than $1500.

but i'm a cheap bastard.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
A 70 Daytona is great bike . Faster then the 650's and way more pep . i'd pay 2grand for a altogether ( if I was looking for a daytona ) bike as long as it turns over . My wifes old daytona was a blast to ride and she sold it in running but not org. condition for $3,200.00 But it did have lots of motor work done .
Also depends on were you live . I've notice in So Cal triumphs are in right now so they pull more $ .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts