Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one fabricating something you can share? or some pileup stories?
just trying to strike up some conversation!! This board has been a ghost town the last few days:)

I myself had a un eventfull weekend and don't have any thing to share, Im sure the Pileup crew have some stories once they sober up!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The pileup was unreal. Not many bikes. There was at least 3 great looking Trimpuhs there and about 6 good looking ironheads and one shovelhead. A couple of metric bikes from the 80s!??! :D And about 8 newer stock harleys. I whoosed out and did not ride my bike, it was about 40 degrees Sat. morning and no sun. It was pretty chilly all day, but there was no rain! Great time.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rockabillyjay awsome!! that springer really changed the look wow like it:D

Nice story in the Horse on your scooter!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Well, I went from this:

To this:

You can see that it will have a slightly longer downtube. The downtube will be a single loop and look something like this (this pic is my prototype for mockup purposes):

I hope to get the downtube and backbone welded in this week when I have time.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
rockabillyjay said:
..I put a new front end on my bike..made the top tree and headlight mount..

BEFORE

AFTER

Oh yeah...actually I like the before and after both as much..! This VL springer must be about 5" shorter as your glide, no? Nice scooter man! Is that seat from a "father & son" workshop somewhere? Somebody showed me one like this last month and thats what he said...he didn't knew anything more where it came from...

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
oh man!!! i liked that bike before..but now, holy shit! and congrats by the way for the writeup in the horse.

rockabillyjay said:
..I put a new front end on my bike..made the top tree and headlight mount..

BEFORE

AFTER

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
got the bike together and with no love of cranking it.. see the fucking fuckity fuck thread. but it's all good.

working on new forward control levers as we speak while i'm here at work. i'll have pics soon.

·
Registered
246 Posts
finally started work on my Ironhead again.
I needed to get more hiems and shit like that but I am almost done with the hand shifter
and I got the seat done
once the magneto gets back with a new inner coil I will be more inclined to pull an all nighter and get some real shit done.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
Looks good. I'd post before and after pics of my new mid controls but they look like shit on a stick compared to your bike. Great job.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Spent about an hour or so carving out a couple of diamond shaped plastic bushings to mount my new rear turn signals. I bought a stick of white plasticy stuff from the local surplus store - a buddy tells me they use it a lot in machine work - it cut and shaped like a dream. Very happy with the results - sorry I don't have pictures, I'm pooped and going to bed. Spent most of the day cleaning the garage out. I'm trying to get my bike to the point that I can at least ride it once this year even if it isn't done...

·
Registered
500 Posts
I hauled ass around town and in the hills on my motard and was a general hooligan; splitting lanes, popping wheelies, sliding around corners, and I didn't even fall down once!! Or even hit a single tree!!! Or parked car!! Or pedestrian!! I think I may be getting better or softer. Maybe I just wasn't going for it enough.

I also fiddled with the Buff(GT750) chopper. Did a little ciphering and mounted a goofy solo seat so I can get the controls sussed.

And I sawed another tube offa the H1 frame. Single top tube is just a fit a cheezewiz MIG away!!

Afterwards I sat on or in all my mock ups and went VROOOOOOMM.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Went to the pileup just rolled in a couple of hours ago.Lotsa rods,bikes,beer and bands.It was a smoken hot show only thing that tops it this summer for me is the HAMB drags and thats cause you could twist the grip back there.I will post up some photos tomorrow to tired tonight.Got about 200 or so photos of bikes cars and show stuff.
Also if ya get a chance ya gotta catch Knuckle Dragger the was band kickin ass and takin names my god 40 minutes is all they played at fools bar but they rocked the Joint.
Shoe

·
Registered
135 Posts
I started on my winter project, and that kinda caused me to purchase another bike for parts...It aint gona be another spendy HD this year, I have a hard time sellin em off or parting with them, this year it is terror on the cheap! You can see it at my website in the builds section. www.Defiantbikes.com

Also, Jay, that is one of the coolest bikes goin man, but I am torn on the front end change, I liked em both.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Accumulated all my parts for the project. Tires, gear shifting hardware,brake components and some new drag bars. This should keep me busy until I can find a peanut tank cheap and usable.

NAILHEAD

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
NAILHEAD said:
Accumulated all my parts for the project. Tires, gear shifting hardware,brake components and some new drag bars. This should keep me busy until I can find a peanut tank cheap and usable. NAILHEAD
What size and type of peanut tank do you need? High tunnel, low tunnel or ?

I worked on one of my Anglias a little bit this weekend, but I don't think that counts for anything on this list. (G)

Off for coffee,
Larry T

·
Registered
630 Posts
scored a $500 matching numbers '70 bonneville Saturday night...and rode it around the compound Sunday before football. Runs strong, doesn't smoke, leaks oil. My new rat.

Barhopped the goose around.

Going to look at a big bore Trump motor at lunch; met the guy at a gas station Sunday while riding the goose.

Sold the '65 Cadilllac.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Crow said:
I hauled ass around town and in the hills on my motard and was a general hooligan; splitting lanes, popping wheelies, sliding around corners, and I didn't even fall down once!! Or even hit a single tree!!! Or parked car!! Or pedestrian!! I think I may be getting better or softer. Maybe I just wasn't going for it enough.

I also fiddled with the Buff(GT750) chopper. Did a little ciphering and mounted a goofy solo seat so I can get the controls sussed.

And I sawed another tube offa the H1 frame. Single top tube is just a fit a cheezewiz MIG away!!

Afterwards I sat on or in all my mock ups and went VROOOOOOMM.
Now thats what I'm fuckin talking about!!:D

sounds like an awsome weekend Crow.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Spent the weekend trying to finish wiring and sheetrocking the shop so I can get some work done this winter.

Been monkeying around on the lathe building some forward controls outta some .50 cal shells, dont know if I'm gonna like 'em yet or not.

Jay, bought the horse over the weekend and saw the writeup on your bike, very cool, I also like both versions.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts