Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a 21 inch wheel with 3/4 axel sealed bearings single disc. What years and model harleys does it fit? Thanks Jason

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's an open ended question, it all depends on your skills of the craft. You can make anything fit all most anything.

The wheel would fit 35mm and 39mm front end for sure. They both use 3/4 axel. But with the bearing that's in it. Almost for sure it's for a 39 or 41 mm front end

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am asking not what I can put it on which would be anything, but what bikes Harley put it on stock and years

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks like a pre-2000 Wideglide, should also fit Softail and Springer Softail (not Heritage). Fitment should be 1980-1999 up on those models if I'm not mistaken. (The Softails did not come out until 84 and there was a break in the Wideglide line before the Dyna-Wideglide came out but you get the idea)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Sealed bearings started in 2000. Also, that's a wide glide hub, so it came on Dyna Wide Glides and FX Softails. I don't remember exactly, but the 2000 and maybe a couple years after were 3/4" i.d. bearings, then for a while 1" bearings, then in '06 or '07 25mm i.d. bearings.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
It's not a very good picture of it, but that sure looks like a wide glide hub, as in 41mm forks Like on the Dyna Wide Glide, and the Softail Custom, and Night Train. Not a 39mm fork like on Dyna Superglide and Sportsters.

This is the Wide Glide 41mm fork hub I'm thinking it is:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does a fat boy use the same style front end as the wide glide for that year. I mean it has to be 41mm cause all wide glides were but some fat boys had spokes and some had mags right.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Does a fat boy use the same style front end as the wide glide for that year. I mean it has to be 41mm cause all wide glides were but some fat boys had spokes and some had mags right.
Fat-Boy and Heritage trees are slightly narrower then the Softail Custom trees.. so you will need a different axle..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts