Jockey Journal Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
I got some more work done over the last couple of weeks. The downtubes are stretched 2", top tube 1 1/4" and a 1" tube added under the tank to strengthen the steering head. Rake came out to 32*. A Road 6 hardtail, battery box and oil tank have been installed, still more boxing to be done on the battery box/rear engine mount to clean things up and a bunch of brackets need to be made up and welded on, grinding and molding.
I assembled it with the 6 over front end but it just looked a bit too high in the front to me even with 32* rake and 2" longer downtubes - I think it's because the rear has been dropped so much with the hardtail. I slid the tubes up through the triple trees 6" to see what it would look like with a stock length front end and I liked the stance, sat level and not so low it's not practical.
In the pics I have installed the 5* raked bearing cups with the 6 over forks and really like the way it sits but I'm not crazy about the raked cups - should have raked it a bit more when I had the frame cut apart.
That's how it sits for now and I'm just going to stare at it and think about it for a while. Main concern is not to look like all the hardtailed Evo Sportsters out there, or any aftermarket custom frame.

Attachments

· Registered
325 Posts
Long shot being this is an old thread but when you did the +up and + out stretch did you have to bend the top and down tubes so they would meet up correct or what had to be done to add these? Lines on the frame look great!

I got some more work done over the last couple of weeks. The downtubes are stretched 2", top tube 1 1/4" and a 1" tube added under the tank to strengthen the steering head. Rake came out to 32*. A Road 6 hardtail, battery box and oil tank have been installed, still more boxing to be done on the battery box/rear engine mount to clean things up and a bunch of brackets need to be made up and welded on, grinding and molding.
I assembled it with the 6 over front end but it just looked a bit too high in the front to me even with 32* rake and 2" longer downtubes - I think it's because the rear has been dropped so much with the hardtail. I slid the tubes up through the triple trees 6" to see what it would look like with a stock length front end and I liked the stance, sat level and not so low it's not practical.
In the pics I have installed the 5* raked bearing cups with the 6 over forks and really like the way it sits but I'm not crazy about the raked cups - should have raked it a bit more when I had the frame cut apart.
That's how it sits for now and I'm just going to stare at it and think about it for a while. Main concern is not to look like all the hardtailed Evo Sportsters out there, or any aftermarket custom frame.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.